Programming the BCT-8
From The RadioReference Wiki
Program the Control and Voice Frequencies
- Press and hold TRUNK for a couple of seconds to enter Trunk Programming mode.
- Use the number pad to choose a bank number (1, 2, 3, 4, or 5) where you want to store this trunk. If you haven't done any trunk programming before, use bank 1 (press the 1 key). If you already have something programmed into your other banks, choose a new bank number. Remember you can only store one trunk per bank.
- Press the up arrow until you find what system you want example "Ed, E2-Hi, Ed" etc. Then press the E button.
- Prog F will appear on the scanner display. Press the E button again. The display will show 1 000.0000.
- Using the keypad, type in the first frequency, then press E.
- Press the up-arrow button. The display will show 2 000.0000.
- Using the keypad, type in the next frequency, then press E.
- Continue untill all are entered. You must enter ALL the frequencies for a given system
- This scanner is compatible with the following Trunking System Types and System Voices used in the RadioReference Database, of course you must verify that the scanner will cover the appropriate frequency range:
- System Types
- Motorola Type I
- Motorola Type II
- Motorola Type IIi Hybrid
- Motorola Type II Smartnet
- Motorola Type II Smartzone
- Motorola Type II Smartzone Omnilink
- EDACS Standard (Wide)
- EDACS Standard Networked
- EDACS Narrowband (Narrow)
- EDACS Narrowband Networked
- EDACS SCAT
- LTR Standard
- System Voices
- Press HOLD/RESUME. "Prog F" appears on the display. Press the up arrow. Prog id appears on the display.
- Press the "E" button.
- Begin entering the talkgroup IDs you're interested in.
- For EDACS systems, use the decimal key in place of the dash. This is for entering talkgroups in the Agency-Fleet-Subfleet (AFS) format. For example; punch: 02 decimal 126, for 02-126.
- Press E to set the talkgroup. Press the Up arrow.
- Key in the next talkgroup, hit E to set then the Up arrow to proceed to the next one
- Repeat this procedure until you have entered all the talkgroup IDs you are interested in.
- To begin scanning, press the scan button. The scan button on the BCT8 is actually the Search button.
- If you see "Bx SCAN id" scrolling across the display, you are NOT in the proper scan mode. Press the scan button until you see ID SCAN to scan only the id's you put in or to just SCAN to scan all the talk group id's.
thanks to Bullmax for the above