From The RadioReference Wiki
This article can be used to house questions about scanning in general - anything from antennas to laws to coax and more
General Scanning Questions
- ''Can I bring my scanner on an airplane?''
- ''Is scanning legal? How about in my car?''
- Read this informative site on scanner laws.
- ''What is the best scanner for me?''
- See the help provided on the scanner decision page.
If you are searching for specific frequencies in your area, the RR Database is the place to start - but at times there may be a better option....
- ''Where can I find frequencies for the various services, such as Railroads, Aircraft, ect.?''
- Please see our US/Canadian Common Frequencies article
- ''Where can I find frequencies for NASCAR, LPGA, NFL, ect.?''
- See our Sports frequencies article
- ''Im flying into an airport that the RRDB doesnt have. Where can I find frequencies for it?''
- Go to the popular Airnav website
- ''Im going on a cruise and would like to see if theres activity to be heard. Where can I find frequencies?''
- See this popular website by Bill Dunn for cruise ship frequencies
- ''I need to look up a callsign I copied. Where can I find it?''
- ''I need to look up a frequency that isnt in the database. Where might I find it?''
- Go to the FCC General Reports website
- ''Where can I find out about military communications in my area?''
- Check out our article
- ''Where can I find out about frequencies used by the US Federal Government?''
- Check out our frequencies article