Hawkins Field Airport (HKS) Hinds County (MS)
Welcome to the Hawkins Field Airport (HKS) aviation article, the airport located in Hinds County, Mississippi.
This is where you, the user, may index any articles, frequencies-lists, etc. that you develop for scanning related topics for this airport.
Hawkins Field Airport
Hawkins Field (HKS) is a city owned public use airport located three miles northwest of the central business district of Jackson, a city in Hinds County, MS.
Hawkins Field covers an area of 602 acres (244 ha) which contains two runways: 16/34 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,387 x 150 ft (1,642 x 46 m) and 11/29 with a concrete surface measuring 3,431 x 150 ft (1,046 x 46 m).
Headquarters 185th Theater Aviation Brigade
Hawkins Field is home to the Mississippi Army National Guard 185th Theater Aviation Brigade.
They use and maintain UH-60 Black Hawk & OH-58 Kiowa helicopters.
Units at Hawkins Field
- Det 1, HHC 1-185th
- Company C - 1-185th (MH/UH-60)
- Company D - 1-185th (MH/UH-60)
- Det 2, Company E, 131st AVN, OH-58D Intermediate Maintenance Co
- Civil Air Patrol: Maj James McKinnie Composite Squadron
- VHF & UHF Aircraft Bands
- MilAir Frequencies, VHF low and high bands may be used for air operations
- Civil Air Patrol Frequencies
- Support Frequencies are unknown
- Please submit any additional frequencies to the Hawkins Field page at RR