Hawkins Field Airport (HKS) Hinds County (MS)
Welcome to the Hawkins Field , Mississippi collaboration article. This is where you, the user, may index any articles you develop for scanning related topics for your area.
Hawkins Field Airport
Hawkins Field (HKS) is a city-owned public-use airport located three miles (5 km) northwest of the central business district of Jackson, a city in Hinds County, Mississippi, United States.
Hawkins Field covers an area of 602 acres (244 ha) which contains two runways: 16/34 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,387 x 150 ft (1,642 x 46 m) and 11/29 with a concrete surface measuring 3,431 x 150 ft (1,046 x 46 m).
Army National Guard
Hawkins Field is home to the Mississippi Army National Guard's 1-185th Aviation Brigade (Theater).
They use and maintain UH-60 Black Hawk & OH-58 Kiowa helicopters.
- VHF & UHF Aircraft Bands
- MilAir Frequencies, VHF low and high bands may be used for air operations
- Civil Air Patrol Frequencies
- Support Frequencies are unknown
- Please submit any additional frequencies to the Hawkins Field page at RR
Units at Hawkins Field
- Det 1, HHC 1-185th
- Company C - 1-185th (MH/UH-60)
- Company D - 1-185th (MH/UH-60)
- Det 2, Company E, 131st AVN, OH-58D Intermediate Maintenance Co
- Civil Air Patrol: Maj James McKinnie Composite Squadron