Bayfield County (WI)
From The RadioReference Wiki
|Bayfield County DB||MediaWiki||Quickref||PDF Card||Wisconsin Forum|
Welcome to the Bayfield County Wisconsin collaboration article. This is where you, the user, may index any articles you develop for scanning related topics for your area.
- All communications are to be in clear text, but some still use the unit numbers which are shown in parenthesis.
- Barnes Ambulance (EMS 21)
- Bayfield Ambulance (EMS 31 and 32)
- Great Divide Ambulance 1 and 2 (EMS 41 and 42) -- a one paramedic ALS service
- Iron River Ambulance 1 and 2 (EMS 51 and 52)
- Mason Ambulance 1 and 2 (EMS 61 and 62)
- Red Cliff Ambulance (EMS 71)
- South Shore Ambulance (EMS 81)
- Washburn Ambulance 1, 2, and 3 (EMS 91, 92, and 93)
- Ashland Fire Department provides intercepts for the BLS units and also covers a portion of the county. They identify with their normal Med callsigns, Med 2, Med 4....
- Most personnel identify with their level of training and either last name, or initials such as:
- EMT JC
- First Responder Smith
- Numbers within their respective decades are sometimes used for personnel, as in the case where EMS 54 is used by the Iron River ambulance director.
- The fire departments use only clear text. Dispatch internally views the departments as one entity so most communications take place such as "Iron River Fire to Dispatch, we are enroute." Internal and inter-department communications may use the department name, the specific apparatus, or the individuals name.
- 200's - Bayfield County Sheriff
- 300's - Washburn Police
- 400's - Bayfield Police
- 500's - Iron River Police
- 900's - Red Cliff Police
- BR##'s - Reserve Sheriff Deputies
- BC##'s - Town Constables
- 800's and 250-299 - CCO's (Civilian Communications Operators), Jail Personnel, Coroner, Deputy Coroners, and Emergency Management
- Standard timing of 1 sec, 3 sec
Fire and EMS
Barnes Amb/Fire 634.5 707.3 Wisconsin DNR 746.8 810.2 Bayfield Amb 746.8 600.9 Bayfield Fire 855.5 810.2 Cable Fire 569.1 483.5 Cornucopia Fire 669.9 788.5 Drummond Fire 569.1 510.5 Grandview Fire 746.8 788.5 Great Divide Ambulance 879.0 788.5 Iron River Fire/Amb 707.3 746.8 Mason Fire/Amb 767.4 688.3 Namakagon Fire 879.0 634.5 Port Wing Fire 810.2 457.9 Red Cliff Fire/Amb 457.9 767.4 South Shore Amb 810.2 433.7 Washburn Amb 600.9 688.3 Washburn Fire 746.8 855.5
Washburn Public Works 746.8 510.5
Return to DB page: Bayfield County (WI)
Return to Wiki page: Wisconsin Counties, Wisconsin Interoperable System for Communications (WISCOM) Users (WI)