FCC and FAA Tower Marking and Lighting Requirements
From The RadioReference Wiki
This page contains links to the FCC and FAA web sites explaining height limits for towers and other structures and when they must be marked with red and white paint or white strobe lights in the daytime and red lights at night.
- 47 CFR Part 17 - Construction, Marking and Lighting of Antenna Structures
- FCC ASR (Antenna Structure Registration) database search
- FCC TOWAIR Determination - Calculator for determining if a structure at a particular location must be registered.
- 14 CFR Part 77 - Safe, Efficient Use, and Preservation of the Navigable Airspace
- FAA Advisory Circular AC 70/7460-1L Obstruction Marking and Lighting - Appendix 1 has illustrations of various obstruction painting and lighting patterns.
- FAA Obstruction Evaluation
- FCCInfo.com Google Earth tool can display FCC ASR tower locations and FAA obstruction locations on Google Earth.
Return to Wiki page: RF Engineering
(No matching DB page)