Getting Started with your PRO-2052
From The RadioReference Wiki
Welcome to the Getting Started article for the Pro-2052
Newcomers often find programming a scanner to be a daunting task. This article links to several resources to help you get started. Note that anything in blue is a link.
The Nuts and Bolts
- If you're a newcomer, you've probably already discovered that there's a huge amount of terms that seem unfamiliar to you. Our Glossary has lots of these terms, along with definitions. Just click on the term you wish to view.
- When looking at frequencies in our database, float your mouse over the column header, and you should get a balloon with a brief description of the terms and abbreviations that are used there.
- The biggest hurdle for many is the concept of trunking. Our Trunking Basics article will get you started, as well as this PDF file written by UPMan. Note that you will need Adobe Acrobat or a compatible reader (such as Foxit) to read it.
- These scanners cant be upgraded for any of the newer protocols that are appearing; these include Project 25, DMR, MOTOTRBO, EDACS Provoice and NXDN
- Programming Shortcut Pro-2052
- Programming Shortcut Pro-2052 with new scanner addendum at end of page
- Easier to Read Pro-2052 Manual