Howell County (MO)
From The RadioReference Wiki
Howell County Government
Howell County 911
- Today (wednesday 5/22/2013) Howell County 911 went live with their new 6 site Simulcast
voted VHF radio system, and so far all reports have been great. The system, built by Tait North America, is being funded by a FEMA Assistance to Firefighters grant, and Howell County 911. Frequencies remain the same, but only one PL code, 156.7 is being used.
Old Tones before simulcast system 155.95500 153.75500 WPEN665 RM 167.9 PL How9 Central Fire: Dispatch (West Plains) 155.95500 153.75500 WPEN665 RM 100.0 PL How9 Caufid Fire: Dispatch (Caulfield) 155.95500 153.75500 WPEN665 RM 114.8 PL How9 Brndsvl Fire: Dispatch (Brandsville) 155.95500 153.75500 WPEN665 RM 141.3 PL How9 MtnView Fire: Dispatch (Mountain View) 155.95500 153.75500 WPEN665 RM 156.7 PL How9 WlSprng Fire: Dispatch (Willow Springs)
Howell County (Miss.) will implement a simulcast radio system from Tait Communications to improve mission-critical radio coverage for its 20 emergency response agencies.
“The new Tait network will alleviate the coverage problems we are having with our current system and provide reliable communications to ensure our first responders are safe,” said Stephen Gleghorn, 9-1-1 director, Howell County. “Reliability is extremely important. We are in a tornado-prone area and located on the edge of the New Madrid fault line. We need to make sure our first responders have the most reliable, interoperable communications equipment.”
Designed for interoperability, the system will enable the county’s 13 fire departments, three ambulance services, three police departments and the Howell County Sheriff’s Office to reuse their current radios and pagers, saving the county money in equipment and training.
The Howell County Fire Chief’s Association is purchasing the system with the 9-1-1 department, with Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Assistance to Firefighters grant money. “We are very pleased to be awarded this grant; it enables us to purchase the critical equipment that we need,” said Blake Bowers, chief of the Lanton Volunteer Fire Department.
The network design will meet the 2013 narrowbanding requirements, and will address the coverage and congestion issues the county was experiencing, said Bruce Bonini, vice president of sales, Tait Communications Americas.
- From: http://mccmag.com/newsArticle.cfm?news_id=8791
- Tait - http://www.taitradio.com/news-and-media/news/howell-county,-missouri,-selects-tait-simulcast-solution
- 928 square miles of Howell county, assisting and protecting its 38,000 residents
Howell County Sheriff's Department
- 154.87500 KAI669 BM 151.4 PL Sheriff: Dispatch (Old) - no longer licensed or used. Took it down when they went to narrowband
Municipalities and Districts
- 453.22500 WNGN648 RM MV PD/FD Police/Fire
- PD does not have their own channel, they are dispatched on Howell County 911. In the future they will have a VHF channel, not this UHF http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?cs=WNGN648
Howell-Oregon Public Water Districts
- 173.21 FXO at West Plains, Brandsville WQPT780, WQPT779
West Plains Fire Department
- West Plains Fire Dept Station 1
- 4611 - 2007 Freightliner 4 Door Rosenbauer
- 4614 - 1991 Sutphen Detroit 440V Diesel
- 4633 - 1987 Ford C-900 Caterpillar 6V-92TA 350hp
- 4642 - 1998 International Navistar Tractor Trailer, 1981 32′ Hesse Trailer - West Plains Regional Hazmat Response Unit (Region G)
- West Plains Fire Dept Station 2
- 4622 1997 Freightliner
- 4626 1991 Pierce Dash
- 4627 1987 F250 4X4
- 4644 2008 32′ Holiday Rambler - Command & Communication Vehicle
St Joseph Mercy Livingston Hospital
- 461.4625 M WQLA718 Operations
- 462.1125 M WQLA718 Operations
- 463.6625 M WQLA718 Operations
- 463.9000 M WQLA718 Operations
- 464.4625 M WQLA718 Operations
Ozarks Medical Center (West Plains)
- 464.325 WNDJ842 RM OMC Security Security (w/ Telephone Interconnect)
??? Don't know where this is from, but it does not exist. Their VHF on 155.400 - no interconnect, dispatch is a portable at the switchboard operators position.
Howell County 911 Dispatch 102704 Howell County Department of Health 103640 Howell County Emergency Management 103575 Howell County Sheriff 214 109152
- Peace Valley Telephone 151.985 Base/Mobile (Peace Valley) KNFU832