From The RadioReference Wiki
As landfall occurs in the gulf coast region, this page will list live public safety radio feeds, statuses of key public safety communications systems, and other related information and data regarding the landfall and recovery from Hurricane Gustav.
Online Communications Streams
These are the primary stream and relay points, and not typically used for individual clients. Individual client users should try to use a relays listed below when at all possible.
- (9/1 @ 2:30pm CST: UP) http://www.radioreference.com:8000/nola_ps.m3u - Streaming from New Orleans. This feed is covering the City of New Orleans Police, Fire, EMS, and Jefferson Parrish Public Safety on the LATIE network.
- (9/1 @ 7:00am CST: DOWN) http://www.radioreference.com:8000/nola.mp3.m3u - Streaming from New Orleans. This feed is covering EOC and State Emergency Operations
INDIVIDUAL LISTENERS PLEASE USE THIS FEEDS:
Current Feed Relays:
- ScanAmerica.us - Relaying New Orleans feeds for Radio Reference
- http://telstar.blackratchet.org:8000/ - Relaying for Radio Reference
- http://feeds.scannerbuff.net:8010/nola.mp3 - Relaying for Radio Reference
- http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hurricane-gustav-communications---new-orleans - Relaying for Radio Reference
- teamspeak://radio.scannerbuff.net:8767 - Relaying for Radio Reference
- teamspeak://22.214.171.124:8796 - Lafayette Police/Fire and rural communities that are in the surrounding area
- http://railaudio2.railroadradio.net:7290/ - Gustava WX Radio - Via RailRoadRadio.net
- None Yet
- http://www.radioreference.com:8000/satx.mp3 - San Antonio EVAC operations
- http://tx.scanamerica.us/index.php?county=Galveston - Galveston Police, Fire, and EMS
- http://www.radioreference.com:8000/HURRWATCHNET.m3u - Single Sideband (SSB) Hurricane Watch Net Stream. (Subject to propagation and signal-strength variables.) Stream will only be active when reception quality is usable AND the "net" is active and not covered by noise or Foreign Broadcast Interference at night. 9/2/08: 1145 EDT: Suspended Streaming HWN INACTIVE. Tom, W4NOV, N.GA., http://stormstream.net
- http://www.voipwx.net/ - VOIPWX.net supports the VoIP SKYWARN and Hurricane Nets which we operate by combining both the Echolink and IRLP linked repeater networks
- ScanAmerica.us - Relaying the VOIPWX.net stream
- http://kc4qlp.dyndns.org:8082/ - The *KC4QLP-C* Echolink conference server, node 290251
- http://www.w2lie.net - Click Listen Live -> Ham Radio -> VOIPWXNET to listen. A relay of the above stream
- http://feeds.scannerbuff.net:8010/hurricanenet - Relaying for Radio Reference
HF Frequency Lists and Decoders
- Please see our Utility Monitoring article for hurricane related HF lists (amateur and other services), as well as DSC and SITOR compatible software. Watch the UDXF and other maritime related HF Yahoo groups for logs. FAX information is also linked there.
- The CAR family of MWARA frequencies should also provide information on diverted flights, as well as occasional use by the Hurricane Hunter aircraft in the past.
- An additional source of logs for National Guard units being deployed is the MT Milcom Blog
- Software is available - some of it free or very low cost - to monitor various HF modes, including digital selective calling. These packages are linked in the HF Software Decoders article. These are just a few possibilities;
- DSC Decoder
- Frisnit NAVTEX Decoder
- MultiMode(Mac software)
- http://www.hurricanefrequencies.com/ - Bill Snyder's Hurricane Frequencies - (Unless otherwise noted, times are UTC, freq in kHz)
Revised August 26, 2008
- 165.2375 R [100.0] Customs and Border Protection -- providing protection and escorts for Urban Search and Rescue task forces.
- 408.8625 P25 encrypted -- Possible FEMA Urban Search and Rescue (unconfirmed usage)
- 409.3375 P25 encrypted -- Possible FEMA Urban Search and Rescue (unconfirmed usage)
- 415.4625 P25 encrypted -- Possible FEMA Urban Search and Rescue (unconfirmed usage)
Radio, TV, and Webcam broadcast sites in affected areas
- http://jeftek.com/events/monitoring-hurricane-gustav/ - Monitoring Media Links
- http://www.weatherserver.net/gustva.htm - Quad-View New Orleans NBC,CBS,ABC & FOX (Only available in Internet Explorer)
- http://www.maroonspoon.com/wx/gustav.html - Live TV News Coverage From New Orleans: WGNO, WWL, WDSU, WVUE; Baton Rouge: WBRZ
- http://www.maroonspoon.com/wx/gustav2.html - Live TV News Coverage From Lafayette: KLFY, KATC; Lake Charles: KPLC; Baton Rouge: WAFB(down ~16:00CDT); Gulfport: WLOX
Latest Track Forecasts and Models
- http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ - National Hurricane Center
Latest Satellite Photos
Vis Loop: http://adds.aviationweather.gov/satellite/displaySat.php?region=LIT&isingle=mult_big&itype=vis IR Loop: http://adds.aviationweather.gov/satellite/displaySat.php?region=LIT&isingle=mult_big&itype=ir
- http://metcamhost.icorp.net - Live cam from Metairie (updated every 6 minutes while power lasts)
- http://CarnivalNewOrleans.com/live.html - Live camera from Bourbon Street in the French Quarter
- http://www.ustream.tv/flash/live/282717 - Live New Orleans Neighborhood Webcam
- http://neworleanswebsites.com/cat/en/lc/lc.html - New Orleans Live Cams
- http://www.earthcam.com/usa/louisiana/neworleans/bourbonstreet/ - Bourbon St.
- http://www.tropicalisle.com/webcam.html - Tropical Isle & The Funky Pirate
- http://www.nola.com/bourbocam/ - New Orleans Cams Central