From The RadioReference Wiki
The purpose of this section is to gather and group HF Utility Monitoring information in a single location. For information on antennas, please see the Antennas Wiki, or the Category:HF Antennas. Our HF Propagation article has links regarding how HF signals travel great differences. It's an important topic to understand if you wish to be successful in this game.
Discussion is in the Utility Listening Forum
- For Aeronautical topics, see our HF Aeronautical Communications article
- For Maritime topics, see our HF Maritime Communications article
- See our HF Military Communications page for more information about monitoring the military on HF.
- ICE - Monitoring U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement HF Operations
- You can also find some Mid-East / African Police departments as well as non-classified diplomatic communications here
What Equipment Will I Need to Hear these Stations?
- See our The HF Utility Receiver and Accessories article for a discussion of this topic.
- Here's Marius Rensen's popular HF FAX site for FAX information
- For additional information on HF digital utilities, see the DXing Digital Utilities section
- NATO Common Channels
- Utility World Blog by Hugh Stegman
- Utility DXers Forum Home Page
- RadioReference UDXF Portal
- William Hepburn's DX Information Centre
- WUN Links Archive
Utility Related Clubs and mailing lists
- Low Level
- MilGov Monitoring
- Ontario DX Association (ODXA)
- Radio Monitors
- Utility DXers Forum
- Utility Listening
Return to Connecting Radios to Soundcards