Keesler Air Force Base (BIX) Harrison County (MS)
From The RadioReference Wiki
|Keesler AFB DB||MediaWiki||Quickref||PDF Card||Mississippi Forum|
Welcome to the Keesler Air Force Base, Mississippi collaboration article. This is where you, the user, may index any articles you develop for scanning related topics for your area.
- 1 United States Air Force Headquarters Second Air Force
- 2 403rd Wing
- 3 815th Airlift Squadron
- 4 53rd Weather Reconnaissance Squadron "Hurricane Hunters"
- 5 81st Training Wing
- 6 Radio Communications
- 7 Deprecated Radio Communications
- 8 Wiki Articles
- 9 External Links
United States Air Force Headquarters Second Air Force
Mission - Provide the best-trained, combat-ready forces!
Second Air Force, with headquarters at Keesler AFB MS, is responsible for conducting basic military and technical training for Air Force, Joint and Coalition partners. Second Air Force also trains and provides oversight of Airmen completing Army training prior to Joint Expeditionary Tasking missions.
Vision - Deliver innovative, relevant and responsive training to produce forces required by the warfighter. 
The 403rd Wing is the largest flying organization at Keesler, and the only Air Force Reserve Command wing in Mississippi. With a military manning authorization of more than 1,400 reservists, including some 250 full-time air reserve technicians, the 403rd Wing performs dual missions: tactical airlift support during peace- and war-time contingencies, and aerial weather reconnaissance in support of the Department of Commerce.
403rd Wing major units:
- 403rd Operations Group
- 403rd Operations Support Flight
- 53rd Weather Reconnaissance Squadron "Hurricane Hunters"
- 815th Airlift Squadron "Flying Jennies"
- 345th Airlift Squadron "Golden Eagles" (Active Associate unit)
- 403rd Maintenance Group
- 403rd Maintenance Operations Flight
- 403rd Maintnenance Squadron
- 403rd Aircraft Maintenance Squadron
- 403rd Aeromedical Staging Squadron
- 403rd Mission Support Group
- 403rd Civil Engineer Squadron
- 403rd Logistics Readiness Squadron
- 403rd Security Forces Squadron
- 403rd Communications Flight
- 403rd Force Support Squadron
- 41st Aerial Port Squadron
815th Airlift Squadron
- Callsign - HOBBY
- Aircraft - C-130J Hercules
- Nickname - "Flying Jennies"
The 815th Airlift Squadron is located at Keesler Air Force Base, Miss., and functions under the operational control of the 403rd Wing, located at the same base.
Peacetime: The mission of the 815th AS is to recruit, organize and train to deploy, redeploy and employ air and ground forces to any area of the world and provide them with logistical support.
Wartime: The mission is to support the theater commander with the capability to resupply the forces, provide for their airlift requirements and employment operations within the combat zone or forward areas, and when requested, to provide aeromedical/refugee evacuation and augment strategic airlift forces.
53rd Weather Reconnaissance Squadron "Hurricane Hunters"
- Callsign - TEAL
- Aircraft - WC-130J Hercules
- Nickname - Hurricane Hunters
The 53rd Weather Reconnaissance Squadron, a component of the 403rd Wing located at Keesler Air Force Base in Biloxi, Miss., is a one-of-a-kind organization. It is the only operational unit in the world flying weather reconnaissance on a routine basis.
The mission of the Hurricane Hunters is to recruit, organize and train assigned personnel to perform aerial weather reconnaissance. They provide surveillance of tropical storms and hurricanes in the Atlantic Ocean, the Caribbean Sea, the Gulf of Mexico and the central Pacific Ocean for the National Hurricane Center in Miami. The unit also flies winter storm missions off both coasts of the United States.
81st Training Wing
The 81st Training Wing, located at Keesler Air Force Base, Miss., is the electronics, computer and weather training center of the United States Air Force. Under the direction of the Headquarters 2nd Air Force, also located here, Keesler is one of the largest training centers in the Air Force.
81st TRW major units:
- 81st Training Group (81st TRG)
- 81st Training Support Squadron (Falcons)
- 333d Training Squadron (Spartans)
- 334th Training Squadron (Gators)
- 335th Training Squadron (Bulls)
- 336th Training Squadron (Red Wolves)
- 338th Training Squadron (Dark Knights)
- 81st Mission Support Group (81st MSG)
- 81st Civil Engineering Squadron (81st CES)
- 81st Communications Squadron (81st CS)
- 81st Force Support Squadron (81st FSS)
- 81st Logistics Readiness Squadron (81st LRS)
- 81st Security Forces Squadron (81st SFS)
- 81st Medical Group (81st MDG)
- 81st Aerospace Medicine Squadron (81st AMDS)
- 81st Dental Squadron (81st DS)
- 81st Diagnostics and Therapeutics Squadron (81st DTS)
- 81st Inpatient Operations Squadron (81st IPTS)
- 81st Medical Operations Squadron (81st MDOS)
- 81st Medical Support Squadron (81st MDSS)
- 81st Surgical Operations Squadron (81st MSGS)
All land mobile base communications are conducted over site 1-20 of this system.
|020 (14)||Keesler Air Force Base||385.350000c||385.887500||386.200000a||386.550000||386.750000a||386.962500||388.250000a||388.562500|
Keesler AFB Talkgroups
|4811||12cb||D||KAFB Fire 1||Fire 1|
|4812||12cc||D||KAFB Fire 2||Fire 2|
|4822||12d6||D||KAFB SF Disp||Security Forces 1 - Dispatch|
|4823||12d7||D||KAFB SF Tac2||Security Forces 2 - Tactical|
|4824||12d8||D||KAFB SF Tac3||Security Forces 3 - Tactical|
|4825||12d9||D||KAFB SF Tac4||Security Forces 4 - Tactical|
|4833||12e1||D||KAFB 81MDG 1||81st Medical Group 1|
|4834||12e2||D||KAFB 81MDG 2||81st Medical Group 2|
|4855||12f7||D||KAFB 81CES 1||81st Civil Engineering Squadron 1|
|4856||12f8||D||KAFB 81CES 2||81st Civil Engineering Squadron 2|
|4866||1302||D||KAFB Trans 1||Transportation Net 1|
|4867||1303||D||KAFB Trans 2||Transportation Net 2|
|4868||1304||D||KAFB Fuel||Fuel Trucks Net|
|4871||1307||D||KAFB Mobility||81st Mobility|
|4877||130d||D||KAFB 81TRG 1||81st Training Group Primary|
|4888||1318||D||KAFB RampNet||403rd Ramp Net|
|4900||1324||D||KAFB MOC 1||403rd Maintenance Operations Center 1|
|4901||1325||D||KAFB MOC 2||403rd Maintenance Operations Center 2|
|4902||1326||D||KAFB MOC 3||403rd Maintenance Operations Center 3|
- KAFB Medcial Center also has access to at least the following public saftey trunked radio systems
- Mississippi Wireles Integrated Network (MSWIN) - MED-COM Talkgroups
- Jackson County TRS - EOC Talkgroups
Deprecated Radio Communications
403rd Wing Operations
|139.0125||RM||210.7 PL||403d BaseOps||403rd WG Base Ops Net||FMN||Military|
|407.1750||410.0250||RM||403d MOC U1||403rd WG Maintenance Operations Center UHF 1||P25||Military|
|142.6500||BM||293 NAC||403d MOC V1||403rd WG Maintenance Operations Center VHF 1||P25||Military|
|150.3375||RM||293 NAC||403d MOC V2||403rd WG Maintenance Operations Center VHF 2||P25||Military|
|141.3375||RM||210.7 PL||403d RampNet||403rd WG Ramp Net||FMN||Military|
81st Medical Group
|173.4125||RM||293 NAC||81st MedNet1||81st MDG Medical Net (New)||P25||EMS Dispatch|
|173.5375||RM||81st MedNet2||81st MDG Medical Net (Old)||P25||EMS Dispatch|
81st Mission Support Group
|138.0750||RM||293 NAC||Keesler PD 1||Keesler Police Primary||P25||Law Dispatch|
|141.6250||RM||293 NAC||Keesler PD 2||Keesler Police 2 (Encrypted)||P25||Law-Tac|
|141.5250||148.6625||RM||293 NAC||Keesler PD 3||Keesler Police Tac 3||P25||Law-Tac|
|163.5250||RM||293 NAC||Keesler PD 4||Keesler Police 4 (Encrypted)||P25||Law-Tac|
|173.5875||RM||293 NAC||Keesler FD 1||Keesler Fire/Crash||P25||Fire Dispatch|
|165.0125||RM||293 NAC||Keesler FD 2||Keesler Fire/Crash Response||P25||Fire-Tac|
|165.0375||RM||Keesler EOC||Keesler Emergency Operations Center||P25||Emergency Ops|
|140.7875||RM||210.7 PL||81st CES||81st Civil Engineering Squadron||FM||Military|
|141.8000||148.8625||RM||210.7 PL||81LRS Trans||81st LRS Transportation||FM||Military|
|149.2500||RM||210.7 PL||81LRS Fuel||81st LRS Fuel Trucks Net||FMN||Military|
- Harrison County (MS)
- Camp Shelby Joint Forces Training Center
- Civil Air Patrol
- Gulf States Milcom
- United States Air Force (3D6)