From The RadioReference Wiki
The Pro-107 iScan radio was manufactured for Radio Shack by GRE America Inc.
The Radio Shack PRO-107 iScan is a Multi-Trunking scanner which boasts the ability to track Motorola type I/II systems, LTR and EDACS trunking systems using the Radioreference database on an included 2GB Secure Digital card.
The Pro-107 uses a proprietary software package and a supplied USB/power cable. Firmware updates are possible on this radio via the PC/IF->USB port.
- Rebanding supported? YES iScan will import tables for identified rebanded systems from the RadioReference database.
|Frequency (MHz)||Step Size Value|
- Operating voltage
- DC 2.4 Volts (“AA” cell x 2pcs. Ni-MH Batteries)
- DC 3 Volts (“AA” cell x 2pcs. ALKALINE Batteries)
- Ext. power and charge voltage USB Power (DC 5V 500mA)
- Object oriented memory management. See the Object Oriented Scanning Described article for more information
- Number of conventional channels, trunked systems, sites-per-system, and talkgroups-per-system limited only by available file space on the SD Card
- Full duplex support and USB connection using the supplied USB Scanner Data Manager Cable, however it will not access the SD card in the radio.
- Object programmable display alert (including multi-pattern flashing) to assign to talkgroups, frequencies, agencies, etc.
- Non need for a traditional keypad, radio uses media player style buttons to navigate to user programmed playlists.
- Play List; create a scan list tailored to your favorite object settings from the Radioreference database.
Navigate using the button operations to get to the play list set.
- Signal Stalker II Near field frequency capture
- Triple conversion
- Simple display option will display object and playlist only, or disabled for more detailed display
- SD Preprogrammed with entire USA Radioreference database, additionally can use High Capacity Secure Digital Cards as long as 32kB memory block clusters are used.
- Programmable audible alarms
- Easy-to-read back display and back lit keypad
- Display and keypad backlighting can be turned on or off independently
- Scan rate 75 channels per second (non trunking)
- Search speed 85 channels per second
- CTCSS/DCS abilities with search, however has no autosave or keypress save feature. V1.3 and later firmware allow saving of a tone via keypress in Menu.
- 16-character alpha-tagging with text entry can show ID code or service name
- Temporary and permanent L/O of talkgroup ID or frequency
- ID delay
- UNSQUELCH Delay; Delay settings before the radio unmutes audio to speaker
- Motorola Control Channel Only trunking
- Radio ID Display
- Priority Object settings (conventional and Trunked)
- 6 search ranges/ 1 user definable search range
- Search "seek" feature
- Tunes virtually all important bands—local marine, fire/police, Ham, CB, VHF-air, UHF-Air, racing, weather and more
- Weather band with enhanced SAME Weather Alert functions and weather priority—access weather channels and alerts with the push of a button
- Skywarn list can be programmed with any number of "objects"
- "Multiple" Priority channels
- Zeromatic search tuning
- 20db attenuator, can be set globally
- Computer interface and Programming
- 9 navigation keys to access special modes and programming options
- 6 line x 16 character display with relative signal strength meter
- BNC connector
- Internal battery charger, with power from the supplied PC/IF->USB cable or an external USB power AC or DC converter.
- PC/IF data output when enabled. Works with analog trunked systems and conventional data. See the Control and monitoring software section.
- USB to serial cable has Uniden style connector for PC/IF. No access to SD card remotely. An SD card reader is not supplied.
- Programmable Welcome Screen text
- Browsing to objects and pausing on them is supported
Problems experienced with this scanner by purchasers:
- Glitchy software. Latest updates are more stable than original release but software is still not 100% stable.
- Battery indicator unreliable.
- Signal meter not visible on "playing" screen. No way to indicate if trunk system is getting signal.
- LCD screen goes blank in two scenarios;
- when light is left on for an extended period of time.
- when unit is used reguarly. Possible faulty LCD screens are being used in this scanner.
- No belt clip with scanner.
- No power port other than using a USB cable.
- No lock out button function. On many occassions the scanner buttons will easily be pushed to stop scanning during normal carry.
- Update database not updated instantly. Documented as many as 8 days between update and what was listed on Radio Reference.
- Stock antenna is useless, more so than any other stock rubber-duck ever experienced. Might as well come without one.
- Poor support from Radio Shack per customer experiences of picking up the telephone and calling them. No infomation for e-mail support experiences.
- Conventional channels, each in two playlists: 8 million
- Trunked systems, minimum 20 talkgroups per system: 6 thousand
- Trunked systems, every possible talkgroup (~65,000) in every system: 151
- Minimum number of total talkgroups (@ one per system, 6000 systems): 6 thousand
- Maximum number of total talkgroups (@ ~65,000 per system, 151 systems): 9.8 million
- Entire USA RadioReference database imported (including digital): twice
The software will NOT allow digital talkgroups including those used with NACs as well as regular tones to be imported. The update database needs to list those talkgroups and frequencies that are dual use for digital and conventional in a separate column for the software to import into the scanner. This scanner is not a digital scanner and therefore will not import any digital TGs nor frequencies listed as such.
Radio will monitor PL's or, "Icalls". Just enter the private radio ID into the talkgroup field and select "private" field in the software.
- Conventional channels: limited only by SD Card space and max FAT32 file size
- Trunked systems: limited only by SD Card space
- Sites per system: limited only by SD Card space
- Frequencies per site: fixed at 32 (yes, I know it's too many)
- Talkgroups per system: limited only by SD Card space, up to maximum for system type
RR System Compatibility
This scanner is compatible with the following Trunking System Types and System Voices used in the RadioReference Database, of course you must verify that the scanner will cover the appropriate frequency range:
- System Types:
- Motorola Type I
- Motorola Type II
- Motorola Type IIi Hybrid
- Motorola Type II Smartnet
- Motorola Type II Smartzone
- Motorola Type II Smartzone Omnilink
- EDACS Standard (Wide)
- EDACS Standard Networked
- EDACS Narrowband (Narrow)
- EDACS Narrowband Networked
- EDACS SCAT
- EDACS ESK (Non-ProVoice)
- LTR Standard
- System Voices:
- PC-USB Cable
- 2GB SD Card Memory (inside the scanner)
- User’s Guide
Recommended accessories (Not included with the radio)
- These items are no longer listed on the RS website under these SKUs. It's possible they may be available from places like Amazon or eBay, or under another SKU
- USB power adaptor(RadioShack Catalog Number 273-114)
- Car USB power adaptor (RadioShack Online Catalog Number 55026592)
- Digital Concepts™ SD Memory Card Converter Drive
Mailing Lists / Forums
Pro-107 Scanners for Sale
Return to the Radio Shack Scanners