Radio Shack's analog-only portable Race scanner with 1000 channels.
Includes all bands and frequencies excluding only the cellular frequencies. This includes CB (AM mode only), amateur radio (AM, FM, NFM), all TV broadcast channels.
- Channels: 1000
- Banks: 10/100 channels per bank
- Scan Rate: 90 channels per second
- Custom Search Ranges: 10
- Preprogrammed Service Search Bands: 13
- 25 mHz - 1.3 GHz (cellular blocked in US)
Actually, there are gaps in the coverage other than the cellular frequencies. Here is what the Pro-137
- 25.0000 - 27.9950 MHz (5khz)
- 28.0000 - 54.0000 MHz (5khz)
- 108.0000 - 136.9875 MHz (12.5khz)
- 137.0000 - 174.0000 MHz (5khz)
- 216.0000 - 224.9950 MHz (5khz)
- 400.0000 - 512.0000 MHz (6.25khz)
- 806.0000 - 823.9875 MHz (12.5khz)
- 846.0125 - 868.9875 MHz (12.5khz)
- 894.0125 - 956.0000 MHz (12.5khz)
- 1240.0000 - 1300.0000 MHz (12.5khz)
Be aware that that the Pro-137 can not receive the milair frequencies (225 - 400 MHz) nor broadcast
FM (87.8 - 108.0 MHz).
- Power requirements: 3 AA batteries, 6V DC, or 800mA AC adapter
- Race Track Operation
- Signal stalker I allows you to "Stalk" and "Scan" simultaneously
- Supported step sizes: 5, 6.25, 7.5, 8.33, 9, 10, 12.5,15, 20, 25, 50 or 100 kHz
- Scan and Search
- 12 character text tagging for each bank and channel.
- Quick Search
- Service Searches
- Custom Search — lets you program a custom search range with chain search
- Signal Strength display
- Battery level display
- LCD and Keypad with auto backlight settings
- Broadcast signal ignore while searching (TV and radio station frequencies, pagers, etc) all the popular public safety, business, racing, and general use frequencies.
- Duplicate Channel Alert
- Key Lock
- PC Programming
- Wired Cloning
- Battery saver
- Antenna Connector: SMA
- Skywarn function with 10 channels
- Weather Alert
- antenna : Long (1), Short (1) Racing Stubby
- belt clip
- user’s guide
- quick start guide
- preprogrammed frequency guide
RR System Compatibility
To reset the scanner (wipe ALL programming), press (and hold) SCAN, 2, and 9 and then power the scanner up. You will know it's doing it by the phrase 'Intializing...' being displayed.
To display the firmware version: press (and hold) 2,4, and 9 and then power the scanner up. You will know if it worked by the model, version, and checksums (in hexadecimal) being displayed. Note: the scanner seems to still function while displaying this information, and you have to power cycle to get out of this screen.
To place the scanner is firmware receive mode: With the scanner powered down, press (and hold) the 2 and the 6 and plug in the AC adapter. You will know you are successful by the backlight coming on (similar to other Uniden models) with the phrase 'VERSION UPDATE' being displayed. I have not been able to go beyond this, with the exception of seeing the phrase 'RECEIVING..' flashing on the screen, during one attempt.
Programming Cables and Supporting Software
Yahoo Groups and Message Boards
Pro-137 Scanners for Sale
Return to Radio Shack Scanners