From The RadioReference Wiki
- Pro-84 manufactured by Uniden.
- Pro-84 is similar to Pro-83 and Uniden BC92XLT
- Pro-84 has the "Nascar logo" and a red case
- Pro-84 has been programmed with frequencies used by Nascar events
- Rebanding supported? N/A
- 200 channels with 10 banks of 20 channels
- Frequency Coverage: 25-54, 108-136.9875, 137-174, 406-512, 806-823.9375, 851-868.9875, and 896.1125-956 MHz (excluding cellular)
- 5, 6.25, 12.5kHz steps
- Scan rate 40cps
- Signal stalker I allows you to "Stalk" and "Scan" simultaneously
- 1 programmable Skywarn channel (#200)
- Weather alert
- 10 search banks
- Service search makes it easy to explore preset frequencies for police, fire, weather, aircraft, marine and amateur radio
- 1 priority channel for each bank
- Backlit display and keypad
- PC interface
- 2 AA alkaline/Ni-Cad/Ni-MH batteries
- Earphone jack
- Antenna connection: BNC
- Antenna: Flexible detachable
- Dimensions: Length 2.7 x Height 4.5 x Width 1.3"
You can quickly access your local Skywarn repeater by programming that frequency into channel 200, and then pressing the FUNC + ./CLR key combination.
However, the scanning of bank 10 now becomes somewhat ineffective if your Skywarn repeater is busy with non-Skywarn traffic (i.e. regular ham radio activity).
The solution is to lock out channel 200. The Skywarn repeater will not be scanned, but it will still be accessible via the FUNC + ./CLR key combination.
Reviews and User Opinions
- Eham Review Pro83
- Radio Reference forum thread describing the Pro-84. Including case color references "Barbie" and "Hello Kitty".
Mailing Lists / Forums
- RadioReference Radio Shack Forum
- Radio Scanner World
- Radio Scanners
- Scanner Enthusiasts
- Radio Scanner Help and Chat
Pro-84 Scanners for Sale
Return to Radio Shack Scanners