Programming the P2 Scanners for NXDN
From The RadioReference Wiki
Check Your Firmware Version
Required: The following firmware versions are required to copy NXDN. These are paid upgrades and applied (using the front port on the BCD996P2) using BC VUP3
- Its always best to have the most current firmware. If you have questions, please post in the Uniden Tech Support Forum
- You can check your firmware version by selecting MENU --> Settings --> See Scanner Info
- Install BC VUP3.03
- Using the BC VUP Firmware Updater (3.03)
- BCD996P2: current version: 1.09.12 1
- BCD325P2: current version: 1.09.12 2
- If your scanner's serial number starts with 378A, be sure to use ONLY this (or newer) version. The scanner will stop working using earlier versions. If your scanner's serial number starts with 378Z, you can update to this (or newer) versions.
- If your scanner's serial number starts with 379B, be sure to use ONLY this (or newer) version. The scanner will stop working using earlier versions. If your scanner's serial number starts with 379Z, you can update to this (or newer) versions.
Programming with Software
General / How Tos
- Can You Program a frequency on the 325P2 or 996P2 to show NXDN information?
- Yes. When you program it, press Hold and set the mode to Digital`
- Press Func + 6. There are 3 modes; Mode 1 shows NXDN or DMR, Mode 2 shows CC or RAN, Mode 3 shows slot or UID
- Can the 325P2 and 996P2 search for a NAC (P25), Color Code (DMR), RAN or Area (NXDN)?
- Yes. Go to Srch/CloCall Opt, then Tone/Code Search, then NAC/CC/RAN/Area.
- How can I calculate the LCN for a given frequency, or the frequency for a given LCN for a UHF NEXEDGE system?
- General Tips
- Some NXDN Trunked systems require at least 1 LCN to track properly
- Sone systems used Direct Frequency Assignment, similar to that used in a P25 system. To track this properly, the CH IDs in the RRDB are all set to zero.
- Return to Program your DMA Scanner