Radio Programming Help
From The RadioReference Wiki
Official RadioReference Programming Help and Support
Unfortunately, due to the many complex radio systems across the world, RadioReference.com cannot provide official support to individuals that are programming their own radios.
RadioReference simply provides the database, information and resources that you require to program your radio. If you need assistance in programming your radio/scanner for your local agency, we strongly encourage you post a message requesting assistance in our user discussion forums, which will be read by knowledgable individuals that are more knowledgable about your specific agency/location.
(Note: Post your message in the location specific forum. Example, if you live in Michigan, USA, and you need programming help to monitor an agency in Michigan, you should post your message to the "Michigan Radio Discussion Forum" in regional discussion forums area)
Programming Your Scanner
- Consider using the RadioReference Web Service to automatically download information from the RadioReference database to your radio.
- Ask in one of the state forums for a file for your area. Be sure to specify which software and scanner you are using, since not all formats are interchangeable. Be sure to go to the User CP (which is in the blue toolbar under the thread title) and enter your location data (county/state is fine) under Your Profile and Edit Your Details.
- Download a file from another website to use as a template. Such websites are listed by state, which can be found using our Collaboration Gateway
FAQs / Tips
- Check out: Scanner Programming FAQ
- Check out: Common Conventional Programming Questions
- Check out: Common Trunking Programming Questions
- Check out: Programming FAQs and Tips
Having Someone Program Your Scanner
Scanner Master, a trusted partner of RadioReference.com, provides a fantastic scanner programming service. For a small fee, they will interview you over the phone to determine what you would like to listen to, help you choose the proper scanner, and program it for you. Contact Scanner Master for more details on this service:
- Scanner Master Homepage
- Other Programming Services