Stennis Space Center
From The RadioReference Wiki
|Federal Trunked Radio System|
|Name||Stennis Space Center|
|Owner||U.S. Air Force|
|Type||Motorola Type II Smartnet|
|Database||FCC Site Map|
|RR Site Map|
Wiki Home → Collaboration Gateway → United States → Mississippi → Hancock County → Stennis Space Center TRS
Welcome to the Stennis Space Center collaboration article, a Federal Trunked Radio System located in Hancock County, Mississippi, United States.
This is where you, the user, may index any articles you develop for scanning related topics for this Trunked Radio System.
- The InfoBox previously listed NAC=177.
The trunked radio system at the NASA John C. Stennis Space Center consists of a Motorola SmartNet II trunked radio backbone with 5 Motorola Quantro repeaters, two (2) MSF-5000 repeaters, one (1) site controller with telephone interconnect, one (1) CentraCom II+ console central electronics bank, and three (3) CentraCom II+ dispatch consoles (located in B1201, B1100, and B2201). Antennas for the system are located at 400' and 380' on the 400' communications tower. An auxiliary site is housed in B2205 and consists of MSF-5000 repeaters and one StartSite central site controller. Antennas for this system are located on an 80' tower fastened to the building. The auxiliary site exists to provide limited trunking service in case of damage to or destruction of the main site at B1201. A computerized logging system logs pertinent data about the traffic on the system, including call start/stop times, calling/called radio ID, network accessed, and equipment assigned for the call.
There are approximately 350 portable and 75 mobile radios at SSC which access this system.
This system has a Trunked Radio to Conventional Bridge which supports links to the following communications systems:
- Air/ground communications (122.8 MHz)
- MS Sheriff's Network (45.22 MHz)
- MS Emergency Mgmt (45.92 MHz)
- Slidell, LA PD (800 MHz Trunked)
- LA State PD (800 MHz Trunked) With plans to patch into the outbuilding LATIE (700 MHz Trunked)
- Commercial Marine radio channels
- 3 VHF repeaters located at B1201 used for mutual-aid traffic during emergencies at SSC and for non-critical traffic at other times
- HF Radios
- Telephone connections to the IBX telephone switch
- NASA Stennis Space Center
Related Wiki Pages
Return to Wiki page: Trunked Radio Systems (MS)