Windows 10 installation of GRE PSR-800 Software and Driver
From The RadioReference Wiki
Note: For other PC Driven scanners, please see the Connection Issues Under Win 10.x Using the WS-1080 / 1095 article
- Windows 10 update from 1511 to 1607
- EZScan needs to be uninstalled
- EZ Scan folder removed in "My Documents" (probably better to rename it since this is where all your settings, scanlists and programming are stored)
This procedure requires administrator privileges and connection to the Internet
- Download EZScanDGInstall_v1.08 from the greamerica.com web site, save it in a folder (e.g. named GRECOM) and unzip it in that folder. EZScanDGInstall_v1.08.exe will be created.
- Instruct Windows to boot into the "Options" menu. Either click on the "Power" button, hold down the "Shift" key while clicking "Restart or Run: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
- After rebooting into the “Options Menu”, click “Troubleshoot” and then “Advanced options”.
- On the next page, select "Advanced Options".
- Select the "Startup Settings" to change the behavior of Windows Startup and then click restart or reboot on the next page.
- A menu with 9 selections will appear. Select number 7 or F7 to "Disable Driver Signature enforcement".
- Windows 10 will restart.
- Install the EZScan software by running the downloaded and unzipped EZScanDGInstall_v1.08.exe .
- Run the installed software and update it from inside to 1.9 Bld 301.
- Connect your PSR-800 scanner to the computer. Wait for the default driver installation, which is completed when a file explorer window with the scanner SD card contents pops up.
- Now correct the scanner driver. In the Device Manager, find the extra USB Communications Port assigned to the scanner under "Ports (COM&LPT)".
- Update the driver with this special procedure:
- "Driver" tab
- "Update Driver"
- "Browse my computer for driver software"
- "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
- "GRECOM PSR-800 Serial Device"
- If "GRECOM PSR-800 Serial Device" is not shown then go back one screen and select "Browse for driver software on your computer", type this file path: C:\Windows\Inf\GRECOM_PSR-800.inf and click on "Next".
- If a warning screen about the risk of unsigned drivers appears, select the unsigned driver option because the PSR-800 driver is unsigned.
- Repeat the PSR-800 driver installation steps 10 - 14 for each physical USB port on your computer.
- You can verify the driver installation by checking in the device manager that now your scanner shows up under "Ports (COM&LPT)" as "GRECOM PSR-800 Serial Device".
These instructions come from this thread