Will County (IL)
From The RadioReference Wiki
- 1 Will County
- 2 Central Dispatch Agencies
- 3 Municipalities and Districts
- 3.1 Bolingbrook
- 3.2 Channahon
- 3.3 Frankfort
- 3.4 Joliet
- 3.5 Homer Township Fire Protection District
- 3.6 Lockport
- 3.7 Mokena
- 3.8 New Lenox
- 3.9 Northwest Homer (Township) Fire & Ambulance Protection District (Lockport)
- 3.10 Orland Park
- 3.11 Plainfield
- 3.12 Romeoville
- 3.13 University Park
- 3.14 Wilmington
- 4 Schools and Colleges
- 5 Codes & Lists
- 6 Businesses
- 7 Attractions and Recreation
Will County 911: Police/Fire
- 9 PSAPS WESCOM (8 FD, 5 PD), EASTCOM, Joliet (JPD, JFD), Romeoville (PD), Lincolnway (3 PDs), Wilmington (PD, Elwood FD, Custer Park FD), Braidwood (BFD, BPD), Steger, Will County. Will County EMA is backup for 911.
- Beecher PD, Monee PD, Peotone PD have switched to the Will County Public Safety system.
Central Dispatch Agencies
EASTCOM - Eastern Will County Communications Network
- Some ops (For Peotone, Beecher, Monee) now on Will County TRS. Dispatches for: Crete, Crete Township, Beecher, Steger, University Park
- 1/12 - Still hearing occasional traffic on old VHF East Com freqency 155.145 225.7PL. Have heard Beecher and Monee use this as car to car or as a talk around of the Will County trunked system they normally use.
- Website http://www.wescom-9-1-1.org/
West 158.85R/154.875 ------------- 100s: Plainfield (Dispatched on SC21 TG 1001,1002) 200s: Channahon 500s: Plainfield Park District (?) 700s: Shorewood East 155.73R/156.03 ------------- 100s: Crest Hill 500s: Lockport
MABAS Division 15 Dispatch
- For Plainfield, Troy, Channahan, Lockport, Northwest Homer, Rockdale, Wilmington, Minooka
- 155.355 Paging Bases at:
- WQAG716: Plainfield, Shorewood, Channahon, Lockport, Homer Glen, Rockdale
- WQAG719: Lockport, Wilmington, Plainfield, Seward Township (Kendall), Braidwood (Will), Minooka (Grundy)
- WPWL581: Shorewood (Will)
- WQJD352: Lockport (Will) (Lockport Twp. primarily dispatched on 154.8525), Elwood, and Custer Park. FCC application to add site at the water tower on Taylor road in Romeoville
- 12/5/10 - WESCOM converted its analog "Police 1" system (158.85 88.5 PL) to narrowband AND simulcast. This system covers Channahon, Shorewood, Wilmington and Braidwood. These transmitters are linked by microwave and "timed" by way of GPS synchronization. The transmitters "re-train" each day (usually at 2am) and re-sync to make sure the overlap zones have good signal. You may hear what sounds like data bursts when "re-training" occurs. Each transmit site also has a voting receiver.
- There are 4 additional free-standing receivers which are recycled Motorola TAC receivers (8 total receive sites).
- Tait processes the audio, cleans it up, and sends each audio path to the voter. (This was all done under a series of grants and has been VERY cost effective for WESCOM agencies.
- 2/11 WPCV634 158.85 R adding sites at Braidwood, Channahon, Wilmington; also at Shorewood
- 6/11 0004759323 FCC Application for STA for testing of 154.8675 as a replacement for 154.875 input to 158.85 repeater.
- 8/11 FCC Modification to WPCV634 changing 154.875 to 154.8675 permanently.
- 1/12 FCC Application 0005049842 for 155.73 Repeater at Lockport (11K, assoc. call sign: KCQ308)
Orland Central Dispatch
- Located within the Orland Fire District. The center opened June of 1992, dispatching fire and emergency medical incidents for Orland Park and Orland Hills. In October of 1992, Orland Central began dispatching for the Homer Township Fire District. Since that time, Calumet City, East Joliet, Mokena, and Peotone and Fire are also being dispatched by Orland Central. Orland Central is a Mutual Aid Box Alarm System dispatch center for twelve area fire departments as well. Additional functions of this center are being the Southwest Hazardous Material Response Center as well as handling the Combined Agency Response Team (tactical rescue) for agencies.
- 10/08 - CARMA member reports now hear Automated Voice Dispatch on 159.045 (for tone out: human on responses)
Orland Park Fire Protection District
- 7/11 - FCC Modification to WPMQ284:
- add 154.07 Base at Blue Island
- add 159.045 Base/Moible at Oak Forest
- keep 159.045, 158.8575R at Orland Park
- add 155.3025 Base/Mobile at Orlank Park
- Delete 159.045 Base at Lockport, Mokena, Peotone, Romeoville
Lincolnway Communication Center (Frankfort)
- As of 2/24/09, these Fire Depts are being dispatched on 151.1825 MHz, the new repeater.:
- Frankfort Fire District, Mokena Fire District, Manhattan Fire District., New Lenox Fire District, East Joliet Fire District (They may still simulcast on 154.400 MHz, at least for awhile. The new repeater has 2 sites, Frankfort & New Lenox)
- Police departments Dispatched: New Lenox, Mokena, Frankfort
Municipalities and Districts
- 1/31/07 - Towns to buy 113 cop radios (By Susan DeMar Lafferty SUN-TIMES NEWS GROUP)
- Frankfort, Mokena and New Lenox are teaming up to purchase new radios for police officers. 113 800 MHz units will be bought with grant funds from a settlement agreement under the Telecommunications Infrastructure Maintenance Fee Act. The new equipment will allow all of their police officers to have a portable radio capable of communicating on Will County's 800 MHz system, and be used as a backup should the Lincolnway radio network fail.
- Ultimately, this would become their primary source of communication as they transition to this new 800 MHz technology, Mokena Police Chief Randy Rajewski said. Mokena and New Lenox decided to share the funds with Frankfort because they rely heavily on each other for 911 services, Chief Martin said. "This benefits every officer on our network," Chief Rajewski said.
- Police IDs are phonetic letters followed by numbers such as Paul 5 and Edward 2.
- EMS to Hospital communications are on Nextel PBX.
- KJK371 155.37. They have one base station used to reach neighboring police departments.
- KNQ451 - 154.265 BM IFERN; KZJ504 155.055 B I-REACH; KB24037 155.22 M MERCI220, 155.34 M MERCI340 and the first 8 UHF MERCI duplex channels, 463/468.0 through 463/468.175; KXO595 BM 37.26 old ESDA low band.
Bolingbrook Park District
- WQOP596 for Portables on 466.1, 466.125, 466.15, 466.175, 466.2 (4wt-11K)
Channahon Fire Protection District
- 3 ALS ambulances, 1 ALS Engine
- WPIV579 adding 155.7975 Repeater with 158.82 (11K)
Channahon Park District
Frankfort Fire Protection District
- Dispatched by Lincoln-way Public Safety Communication Center
- Joliet Police identify by the sector in which they work (10s east side, 20s central, 30s west side) and also have cover cars that identify as "west cover", "northeast cover", etc.
- 6/11 - WQEL588 Water Data, deleteing 452.5125, 452.6125, 452.575, changing to 452.0125
Homer Township Fire Protection District
- Dispatched by Orland Central on 159.045. Servces 23 sq. m. with 18,000 people in Homer Glen and areas in eastern Lockport, northern sections of New Lenox and parts of unincorporated Homer Township.
- Police formerly used 155.025 as F-7 and current is able to monitor "fire band" in squad cars. (not sure now if they have the new frequency)
Lockport Township Fire Protection District
- 6 Stations serving 70,000 people in 42 sq. miles including Lockport, Crest Hill, Romeoville, unincorporated areas of the township and areas of Joliet, Troy and Homer Townships.
- Dispatched by WESCOM
- Serves portions of Frankfort, Homer Glen, Mokena and Orland Park with 17,000 people over 12 sq.m..
New Lenox Fire Protection District
- Fire Dispatch is by Lincoln-way Public Safety Communication Center
Northwest Homer (Township) Fire & Ambulance Protection District (Lockport)
- "PA" license WQGN804 TF/F 4940.0 - 4990.0 (IP Serveilance Cameras)
Plainfield Fire Protection District Ambulance Department
Romeoville Police Department
- Police IDs are 300s. Police use a Nextel for a lot of unit to unit/car to car comms.
Romeoville Fire Department
- Self dispatched on 159.2325
Lockport Township Fire Department
- Serves a portion of Romeoville, dispatched by WESCOM.
- Police are dispatched on 470.5625 203.5 PL by EastCom (units ???); also 470.4375 203.5 PL link to other departments
- Fire is dispatched on 154.235 97. PL by EastCom
- 9/11/11 - Submitter reports: "The Wilmington police frequency of 155.310/159.210 118.8 appears to no longer be active"
- 12/09 - Wilmington Police is now being dispatched by Wescom Dispatch on a simulcast of 155.31 118.8 PL and 158.850 88.5 PL
Schools and Colleges
Will County Area Career Center (Romeoville)
- 1/11 New WQNK811 - mobiles on 466.05, 466.075, 466.1, 466.125, 466.15 (11K)
451.18750 456.18750 WQBD915 RM 162 DPL BHS Security BHS Security [F-1] FM 451.48750 456.48750 WQBD915 RM 411 DPL MHS Maintenc BHS Maintenance [F-2] FM
Channahon School District #17
Coal City Community Schools
464.22500 469.22500 KNGV971 RM Ops [Term 4/02] FM Schools 464.22500 469.22500 KNGV971 RM Ops (@ Wilmington) [Term 4/02] FM Schools
Crete-Monee School District #201-U
463.41250 468.41250 WQJZ736 RM CrMon Sch 1 Operations (10 locations, also WQJZ737) 463.70000 468.70000 WPWW234 RM CrMon Sch 3 Operations FM Schools 464.62500 469.62500 WPWW234 RM CrMon Sch 2 Operations (@ University Park) FM 464.32500 WPWW234 M CrMon Sch 5 Operations FM Schools 464.82500 WPWW234 M CrMon Sch 6 Operations FM Schools 467.76250 WPWW234 M CrMon Sch 7 Operations FM Schools 467.81250 WPWW234 M CrMon Sch 8 Operations FM Schools 467.85000 WPWW234 M CrMon Sch 9 Operations FM Schools 467.85000 WPWW234 M CrMon Sch 10 Operations FM Schools 469.26250 WPWW234 M CrMon Sch 11 Operations FM Schools 469.50000 WPWW234 M CrMon Sch 12 Academic/Athelitic Events (Itinerant Statewide) 469.55000 WPWW234 M CrMon Sch 13 Academic/Athelitic Events (Itinerant Statewide)
Frankfort Community Unit School District #157c
464.97500 469.97500 WQBR695 RM Operations (also Joliet Township) FM Schools
Indian Prairie School District #204 (Naperville/Bollingbrook)
451.35000 WPMR282 BM IPSD A Op1 Security/Maintenance @ Aurora (DuPage) FM 452.27500 WPPA707 BM IPSD A Op2 Maintenance/Admin @ Aurora (Kane) FM Schools 452.32500 WPMR282 BM IPSD A Op3 Security/Maintenance @ Aurora (DuPage) 452.35000 WPMR282 BM IPSD A Op4 Security/Maintenance @ Aurora (DuPage) 461.70000 WPMR282 RMF IPSD A Op5 Security/Maintenance @ Aurora (DuPage) 463.35000 WPMR282 RMF IPSD A Op6 Security/Maintenance @ Aurora (DuPage) FM 452.10000 WPMR282 RM IPSD N Op1 Security/Maintenance @ Naperville (DuPage) 452.22500 WPPA707 BM IPSD N Op2 Maintenance/Admin @ Naperville (DuPage) 452.27500 WPPA707 BM IPSD N Op3 Maintenance/Admin @ Naperville (DuPage) 461.55000 WPMR282 RMF IPSD N Op4 Security/Maintenance @ Naperville (Will) 452.50000 WPPA707 BM IPSD B Ops Maintenance/Admin @ Bollingbrook (Will) 464.01250 RM IPSD A2Op1 Ops (1801 N Eola Rd-Aurora) 464.21250 RM IPSD A2Op1 Ops (1801 N Eola Rd-Aurora) 464.41250 RM IPSD A2Op1 Ops (1801 N Eola Rd-Aurora) 466.02500 M IPSD A2Op1 Ops (1801 N Eola Rd-Aurora) 466.10000 M IPSD A2Op1 Ops (1801 N Eola Rd-Aurora) 466.15000 M IPSD A2Op1 Ops (1801 N Eola Rd-Aurora) 466.17500 M IPSD A2Op1 Ops (1801 N Eola Rd-Aurora) 466.25000 M IPSD A2Op1 Ops (1801 N Eola Rd-Aurora)
452.20000 457.20000 WQHN273 RM JTHS ?? Joliet Township High School (*corrected freq 6/08) FMN Schools 461.20000 466.20000 WPRT799 RM Joliet School District #86 FM Schools 461.92500 466.92500 WQHN273 RM 031 DPL JTHS Teacher Joliet Township High School: Teacher Ops
Lincolnway Schools (Frankfort)
- Heard on 463.6875: 118, VM 188, "Dubble Bubble-take kids home", calling electrian
463.35000 WZH838 RMF LWCHS Ops 4 CHSD#210 FM Schools 462.35000 WQJT836 RMF LWCHS Ops 1 CHSD#210: Buses/Safety/Maintenance (@ Mokena) 461.87500 WQJT836 RMF LWCHS Ops 2 CHSD#210: Buses/Safety/Maintenance (@ New Lenox) 463.65000 WZH838 RMF LWCHS Ops 3 Community High School District: Ops 466.48750 WQGK884 M LWASE Ops 3 Lincoln Way Area Special Education: Operations 466.58750 WQGK884 M LWASE Ops 2 Lincoln Way Area Special Education: Operations
- WQEG659 72.1 Wireless Clocks @ St. Dennis School
- Lockport Township School Website
Lockport Township High School (LTHS) - VHF (Will) LTR Standard Operations
- [TRS Link]
155.16000 BM Homr SD Bus Homer Schools: Buses ? FM Schools 451.35000 456.35600 WPZK772 RM KvnGrvSchool District 91 Schools FM Schools 155.22000 KJQ621 BM LTHS Busses pl: 67.0 FM Schools
Manhattan School District #114
461.45000 466.45000 WNXD724 RM Ops (@ Lockport) FM Schools 463.77500 468.77500 WNXD724 RM Ops (@ Manhattan) FM Schools
Mokena Public School District #159
152.98250 159.86250 WQIY398 RM Mokna SchBus Transportation FM Schools 155.26500 KJB391 BM Transportation FM Schools
New Lenox School District #122
- WPYK340 72.1 F Wireless Clocks
461.20000 466.20000 WPXB473 RM Elementary Schools FM Schools 464.32500 KNNS362 M Ops [Term 5/02] FM Schools 464.82500 KNNS362 M Ops [Term 5/02] FM Schools 467.76250 KNNS362 M Ops [Term 5/02] FM Schools 467.81250 KNNS362 M Ops [Term 5/02] FM Schools 467.85000 KNNS362 M Ops [Term 5/02] FM Schools 467.87500 KNNS362 M Ops [Term 5/02] FM Schools 467.90000 KNNS362 M Ops [Term 5/02] FM Schools 467.92500 KNNS362 M Ops [Term 5/02] FM Schools
Oswego Community Unit School District #308
- Kendall/Will Counties
- WQBQ681 71.1 72.12 72.18 72.22 72.36 72.34 72.4 Wireless Clocks
464.10000 469.10000 WNST523 RMF Operations (@ Plainfield) [Exp 7/05] FM Schools
Peotone Community Unit District #207
463.50000 468.50000 WPFV775 RM School Ops (@ Peotone, Frankfort)
Plainfield Community Consolidated School District #202
461.47500 WQIB499 RM Pfld HS N 1 North High School FMN Schools 464.00000 WQCY986 RM Pfld HS N 2 North High School FMN Schools 452.70000 WQIB499 RM Pfld HS S 1 South High School FMN Schools 461.38750 WPTQ6346 RM Pfld HS S 2 South High School: Security FMN Schools 452.70000 WQIB499 RM Pfld HS E 1 East High School FMN Schools 464.22500 WQIB499 RM Pfld HS Cntr Central High School FMN Schools 451.95000 WQIB499 M Pfld Sch Op1 Portables (all schools) FMN Schools 452.45000 WQIB499 M Pfld Sch Op2 Portables (all schools) FMN Schools 452.67500 WQIB499 M Pfld Sch Op3 Portables (all schools) FMN Schools 456.95000 WQIB499 M Pfld Sch Op4 Portables (all schools) FMN Schools 457.45000 WQIB499 M Pfld Sch Op5 Portables (all schools) FMN Schools 457.67500 WQIB499 M Pfld Sch Op6 Portables (all schools) FMN Schools 461.05000 WQIB499 M Pfld Sch Op7 Portables (all schools) FMN Schools 464.17500 WQIB499 M Pfld Sch Op8 Portables (all schools) FMN Schools 466.05000 WQIB499 M Pfld Sch Op9 Portables (all schools) FMN Schools 469.17500 WQIB499 M Pfld SchOp10 Portables (all schools) FMN Schools 462.16250 WQLL646 RM Pfld SchOp11 CUSD #202 (Joliet) 11K
Reed Custer School District 255w (Diamond)
451.30000 456.30000 WPDX272 RMF Ops FM Schools
Richland School (Crest Hill)
151.89500 WNZN727 BM Ops FM Schools <pre> '''Steger Public Schools District #194''' <pre> 461.30000 WQGH944 RM Steg SchOps1 Security/Maintenance FM Schools 462.57500 WPRI509 BM Steg SchOps2 School Ops FM Schools 151.77500 BM Steg SchOps3 Operations FM Schools
Troy Community Consoildated School District 30c (Shorewood)
464.57500 469.57500 WPXL518 RMF 203.5 PL TSD30c Ops Operations/Transportation ***possible tone heard Joliet area 5/08
Valley View Public Community Unit School District #365v (Romeoville)
461.42500 KSZ591 RM VVSD Ops R1 Operations (900 W Romeo Rd) FM 461.97500 KSZ591 RM VVSD OpsR10 Operations (900 W Romeo Rd) FM 464.76250 KSZ591 RM VVSD OpsR11 Operations (900 W Romeo Rd)(also WPYM658) 151.80500 WPGS302 M VVSD365 Ops2 Operations FM Schools 464.81500 WPGS302 M VVSD365 Ops3 Operations FM Schools 451.48750 WQDB915 RM VVSD365 Ops5 Operations (Bollingbrook) FMN 466.20000 WQDB918 M VVSD365 Ops6 Staff Ops FM Schools 466.70000 WQDB918 M VVSD365 Ops7 Staff Ops FM Schools 466.97500 WQDB918 M VVSD365 Ops8 Staff Ops FM Schools 467.10000 WQDB918 M VVSD365 Ops9 Staff Ops FM Schools 464.15000 WQIS471 RMF Luk Mid Schl Lukancic Middle School (Romeoville)
Will County School District #92
151.74500 WPEK537 BM Ops [Term 6/02] FM Schools
Wilmington School District #209-U
155.95250 160.01250 WQKA385 RM Wilm School Operations FMN
University of St. Francis (Joliet)
- 72.1 WQDT755 Wireless Clock System
Codes & Lists
Will County Police Unit IDs
- Lockport Police: 500's
- Lockport Park District Police: 600's
- Crest Hill Police: 100's
- Code Lincoln 50: Unit out at the PD
- Romeoville Police: 300's
Fire Tone Outs
- These are in two tone "Quick Call II" format.
Department Tone A Tone B Long tone C
- Beecher 1062 832 926
- University Park 1355 1322
- Steger 2568 1663
- Crete ESDA 1233
- Crete Town 832 1062
Attractions and Recreation