Arrow Medical Services (AMSEC) Champaign County (IL)
From The RadioReference Wiki
Arrow Carle Ambulance, based in Champaign operated by Carle Foundation Hospital, Urbana Covers the emergency needs of Champaign, Dewitt, Douglas, Richland and Vermilion Counties, with ambulances stationed in Champaign, Farmer City, Villa Grove, Tuscola, Olney, Hoopeston and Danville, along with a Paramedic First Responder who is stationed in Mahomet. (12/20)
Heard on STARCOM21 talkgroups 5331 and 5332, 29xx- and 82xx-series units.
Arrow 5, 7, 8, 44, 88, and 99 are staffed 24/7 by Medics
Arrow 18, 20, 33, 55, and 66 are on call staffed rural units
Also Arrow as a converted golf cart for U of I games, it is unit 11 and it is ALS transport capable, I am not sure if it has a 3-P number
In July 88 and 99 will get 2002 Braun Express units and their current '01will go to Arrow 7 and Arrow 8 (3X31 and 3X32) in Matton.
Arrow dispatch is 462.975 (also heard on 159.09 with C-Com test page)
- 3P12 6 506 03 Arrow 66 Fisher BLS (formerly Champaign?) (@ Fisher FD)
- 3P13 6 506 xx Arrow 33 Sadorus ILS (@ Sadorus FD)
- 3P14 6 506 11 Arrow 99 Champaign 2001 Braun Express ALS III (@ Fire Station)
- 3P15 6 506 10 Arrow 55 Tolono type III ILS 1999 Wheeled Coach II (@ Tolono FD)
- 3P16 6 506 02 Arrow 44 Champaign type III ALS (remounted in '99) @ Carroll FFPD
- 3P17 6 506 05 Arrow 77 Champaign type II ALS (spare) 1999 Wheeled Coach II (used for ALS transfers)
- 3P18 6 506 xx Arrow 45 Champaign 2002 Braun Express type III ALS (New 11/02) **It runs as a 40 hour a week unit working Tuesday thru Saturday.
- (This unit rarely makes it town or the hospital since it is only BLS and an ALS unit is rolled with them on all of there calls so this is based on an old photo)
- This unit is staffed 8 hrs a day, Tuesday thru Saturday
- 3P19 6 506 03 Arrow 88 Champaign 2001 Braun Express ALS (Supervisor -- This unit is staffed 24/7) (@ post 210 E University - Champaign)
- 3U14 6 506 xx Arrow 5 Tuscola 1999 Braun Express III ALS (Douglas County)
- 3U18 6 506 xx Arrow 18 Villa Grove Wheeled Coach type III ILS (Douglas County)
- 3U20 6 506 xx Arrow 20 Villa Grove Type III (remounted in 1999) (Douglas County) (was Tuscola type III ILS)
- 3U22 6 506 xx Arrow 6 Tuscola type III ALS 199? McCoy Miller (Douglas County) back/up spare for Tuscola
- 3X31 Arrow 7 Floater Arrow-Carle Ambulance (Carle Hosptial) 99 Wheeled Coach Type II units will be assigned to the on call rural ILS units.
- 3X32 Arrow X (New Ford F-350's) All ambulances white with blue stripes
- 3X32 6 506 08 Arrow 8 Floater Arrow-Carle Ambulance (Carle Hospital) New Ford F-350 white with blue stripes (was Coles County unit) ILS
- 3X33 Arrow X (New Ford F-350's) All ambulances white with blue stripes
Return to: Champaign County (IL)