From The RadioReference Wiki
500 Channel Programmable Base Scanner with TrunkTracker III
- Can be updated to support Rebanding? YES
- See Section 7.1 of the Rebanding article for the firmware link
- Frequency Coverage
- 25-54 MHz
- 108-174 MHz
- 216-512 MHz
- 806-956 MHz (excluding cellular)
- Multiple Channels (500) / Banks (10)
- TrunkTracker III
- 1000 Talk Group ID's in 10 Lists of 10 per Bank - Let's you quickly select the talk groups you want to hear when you listen to trunked systems.
- 100 cps scan rate
- I-Call monitoring
- DCS/CTCSS Rapid Decode
- SAME Weather Alert - Specific Area Message Encoding - During a NOAA Weather or Emergency Alert, a code for your specific location will alert you to severe conditions in your immediate area.
- Conventional and Trunked Search Operations - Let's you find transmissions not listed in any book or anyone's web site.
- Auto store
- Auto record
- 10 Priority channels with Priority Scan
- Programmable Delay - When programmed on a channel, it allows time for a reply on the same channel before resuming to scan.
- 10 Programmable Searchs - Allows you to set the upper and lower limits of specific frequency range for easier searching.
- Signal strength meter
- Modulation Capability (AM/FM/NFM)
- Frequency Steps (kHz) 5/6.25/12.5/25
- 200 Talk Group Skip Memories
- 100 Search Skip Memories
- Data skip
- AC Adapters, DC Power Cable and Automotive Power Outlet Plug - More options for supplying power to your scanner at home or in your car.
RR System Compatibility
This scanner is compatible with the following Trunking System Types and System Voices used in the RadioReference Database, of course you must verify that the scanner will cover the appropriate frequency range:
- System Types:
- Motorola Type I
- Motorola Type II
- Motorola Type IIi Hybrid
- Motorola Type II Smartnet
- Motorola Type II Smartzone
- Motorola Type II Smartzone Omnilink
- EDACS Standard (Wide)
- EDACS Standard Networked
- EDACS Narrowband (Narrow)
- EDACS Narrowband Networked
- EDACS SCAT
- LTR Standard
- System Voices:
Reviews and User Opinions
- ARC898 from BuTel (available through Scanner Master)
BC898T Scanners for Sale
Return to Uniden Scanners