Federal Government / Military (IL)
From The RadioReference Wiki
POTUS - Information
- Information listed here will be in reference to The 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama's visits to his hometown of Chicago, IL and is courtesy of CARMAchicago IO group.
- Working Chgo Center on 269.0750 and tried to enter the CAP on 353.5500, switched to the new 363.1250 frequency.
- 363.125 is being used for Chicago center contact, not hearing much on 353.550, they may have switched
Huntress currently on 260.9000, backup is 228.9000. Arrow flights in comms with Chicago Center on 317.400. Other frequencies being used at this time are 320.9500, 353.5500 and 256.8000.
Snagged another F15 discrete, in use right now - 316.4500. Also had a brief open AM carrier this morning on 338.7500, but no traffic.
Assigned Boom freqs for Refuelling:
- 282.6500 Primary
- 271.0000 Secondary
But they don't appear to be using them. All refuelling taking place on 228.9000 for coordination and 260.9000 for refuelling.
Copters are staged at 39th street, not 31st street. Landing area secured and fenced in. 166.70000 (P25) may be in use there on scene.
F15 pilots are trying to set up temporary staging in and out of St. Louis today to save fuel and commute times. They've been calling Flight Service Stations on 255.400 between here, Florida and D.C. to get their weather updates.
MUDDY 11 & 13 (TOL F-16's)
- 228.9000 Huntress, MUDDY A/A, cleared off for ATIS & inflight, 01:32am.
- 127.6250 Chi.C. 01:33am.
- 143.8500 V01 Ops, we have Bravo (ATIS) plan to land on rnwy 7, 01:34am.
- 127.6750 Cleve.C. 01:37am.
- 134.3500 TOL app, 01:43am.
- WINDY CITY - The Chicago Combat Air Patrol
- UNTOUCHABLES - The refuelling track, nearby but unknown
- GUARD DOG CAP - Washington DC Combat Air Patrols
- MARSA - Military Assumes Responsibility for Separation of Aircraft
- AS FRAGGED - as scheduled
- RTB - Return to Base
- TRACK - Radar contacts
- BULLSEYE - Reference point(s) of CAP orbit, bearings, distance, etc
- NIGHTHAWKS - HMX-1 Presidential Helo Squadron, Including MARINE-1
- ARROW-## - 58th Fighter Squadron, 33rd FW Eglin AFB F-15's
- HUNTRESS - NORAD
- LINK 16 - Secure Data Link system
Frequencies: (Confirmed) (AM Mode)
- 260.9000 UNTOUCHABLES/HUNTRESS Primary
- 228.9000 UNTOUCHABLES/HUNTRESS Secondary
- 353.5500 WINDY CITY Chgo Center Kankakee Primary
- 256.8000 WINDY CITY Chgo Center Kankakee Secondary
- 315.6000 WINDY CITY Chgo TRACON contact
- 320.9500 ARROW discrete
- 305.4500 ARROW discrete
- 277.1750 HMX-1 CONTROL
- 126.8000 Chgo Radar TFR advisory service
- 127.9250 O'Hare Tower AF1 and Helo ops at field
- 123.0250 Chgo Copter Route Advisory
- 225.7500 Eglin AFB 58th FS Command Post
- 362.2500 Airforce 1 Northstar FM/MPX downlink
- 460.2500 CPD Citywide 6
- 166.5125 USSS Sierra WHCA command post (mostly encrypted P25)
- 164.8875 USSS Oscar Presidential Detail (mostly encrypted P25)
- 165.8500 USSS P25
Other possible F-15 discretes:
- 338.7500 369.1500 259.5500 316.4500 253.7000 326.4750 276.5500 257.3500
Other likely frequencies for HMX-1:
- 361.6000 276.4000 273.9500 265.8000 142.7500 122.8500
- 166.7000 (NFM P25 USSS November)
Other likely frequencies for USSS, NFM analog and P25:
- 165.3750, 165.7875, 165.2125, 164.6500, 164.4000, 164.4625, 165.6250, 167.0375
It is suspected the F-15's may have a discrete air to air chat frequency assigned by pairs of aircraft. They have two UHF radios. One is normally tuned to WINDY CITY and the other to UNTOUCHABLES, so they have to leave one to chat on discrete. 305.4500 was used extensively last night. They sometimes chat about radar track (targets) but they are mostly exchanging their track data via Link 16.
HMX-1 is reportedly staged on Chicago Park District land north of 31st street beach, south of McCormick Place and east of Lake Shore Drive. UNTOUCHABLES is configured as a regular track with primary and secondary frequencies assigned - but they are using 228.9000 and 260.9000 for it so far.
Test counts from HMX-1 on 277.1750, but city monitors report hearing them on it quite a bit. .
|139.9400||Tactical / Air-to-Air||AM|
|139.9500||A.I.C.C./G.C.I. RADAR OPS (with AWAC.S)||AM|
|139.9500||Tactical / Air-to-Air||AM|
|140.1250||Tactical / Air-to-Air||AM|
|228.4500||Tactical / Air-to-Air||AM|
|237.1500||A.I.C.C./G.C.I. RADAR OPS (with AWAC.S)||AM|
|240.1500||Tactical / Air-to-Air||AM|
|248.1500||Tactical / Air-to-Air||AM|
|249.1500||Tactical / Air-to-Air||AM|
|251.2500||A.I.C.C./G.C.I. RADAR OPS (with AWAC.S)||AM|
|252.5250||Tactical / Air-to-Air||AM|
|267.1000||A.I.C.C./G.C.I. RADAR OPS (with AWAC.S)||AM|
|293.6000||A.I.C.C./G.C.I. RADAR OPS (with AWAC.S)||AM|
|294.0000||Tactical / Air-to-Air||AM|
|294.9000||A.I.C.C./G.C.I. RADAR OPS (with AWAC.S)||AM|
|297.9000||PRI. A/G OPS||AM|
|299.5000||Tactical / Air-to-Air||AM|
|303.0000||Tactical / Air-to-Air||AM|
|340.1500||Tactical / Air-to-Air||AM|
|347.3000||Tactical / Air-to-Air||AM|
|351.4000||A.I.C.C./G.C.I. RADAR OPS (with AWAC.S)||AM|
|379.1000||A.I.C.C./G.C.I. RADAR OPS (with AWAC.S)||AM|
Shawnee National Forest
170.50000 RM 173.8 PL SNF BaldKnob SNF Bald Knob FMN Federal 170.50000 RM 192.8 PL SNF WillHill SNF Williams Hill FMN Federal 168.67500 M 103.5 PL SNF Simplex Simplex FM Federal 168.67500 170.50000 RM 103.5 PL SNF BldKnob2 Bald Knob (173.8 in) [Ch 2] FM Federal 168.67500 170.50000 RM 103.5 PL SNF WlmsHil2 Williams Hill (192.8 in) [Ch 3] FM Federal 168.67500 170.50000 RM 103.5 PL SNF RoseBud Rose Bud/Gum Ridge (186.2 in) [Ch 4] FM Federal 168.67500 170.50000 RM 103.5 PL SNF BeanRidg Bean Ridge (110.9 in) [Ch 5] FM Federal 168.67500 168.17500 RM 103.5 PL SNF BldKnob3 Bald Knob Linked (173.8 in) [Ch 6] FM Federal 168.67500 168.17500 RM 103.5 PL SNF WlmsHil3 Williams Hill Linked (192.8 in) [Ch 7] FM Federal 168.20000 BM CSQ SNF Tac 2 Tactical 2 [Ch 8] FM Federal 166.67500 BM CSQ SNF Air Tac1 Air Tactical 1 [Ch 9] FM Federal 169.15000 BM CSQ SNF Air Tac2 Air Tactical 2 [Ch 10] FM Federal 168.62500 BM CSQ SNF AirGuard Air Guard [Ch 11] FM Federal 163.10000 BM 114.8 PL SNF Common1 Common Use 1 [Ch 12] FM Federal 168.35000 BM 127.3 PL SNF Common2 Common Use 2 [Ch 13] FM Federal 168.65000 BM CSQ SNF Flight Flight Following [Ch 14] FM Federal 168.17500 170.50000 F 192.8 PL SNF BldKnob1 Bald Knob To Williams Hill: Link (203.5 in) FM Federal 168.17500 170.50000 F 173.8 PL SNF WlmsHil1 Williams Hill To Bald Knob: Link (151.4 in) FM Federal
Argonne National Laboratory
- 167.975 POCSAG-1 paging, Johnson Controls Metasys Alarm data