Sheppard Air Force Base Wichita County (TX)
From The RadioReference Wiki
Welcome to the Sheppard Air Force Base (SPS) aviation article, the Air Force Base located in Wichita County, Texas.
This is where you, the user, may index any articles, frequencies-lists, etc. that you develop for scanning related topics for this Air Force Base.
- KSPS is a public and military use airport that functions as both "Wichita Falls Regional Airport" and "Sheppard Air Force Base".
Emergency and Support Services
- Security Forces, fire department, medical, civil engineers, and other base support services are on Site 1-009 of the United States Air Force (3D6) trunked radio system.
- Some (or all) fire department radios are capable of operating on the City of Wichita Falls 800 MHz P25 trunked system and county and state VHF fire frequencies.
- The fire department, and possibly the other emergency and support services, have conventional backup frequencies that have not been discovered and submitted to the database.
- There are many unidentified talkgroups used at Sheppard listed at United States Air Force (3D6) Unknown Talkgroups by Site.
The following frequencies are not listed in the database. If you can confirm them please submit the information and remove them from this list.
Some of these may be MOAs or IR/VR training routes in NW TX or SW OK.
Frequency Mode - Description 138.1000 AM - 80th FTW Ops? 139.8250 AM - 80th FTW Ops? 140.0000 AM - 80th FTW Ops? 140.1250 AM - 80th FTW Ops? 140.3500 AM - 80th FTW Ops? 140.3750 AM - 80th FTW Ops? 140.4000 AM - 80th FTW Ops? Victor 9? 140.4250 AM - 80th FTW Ops? 140.4500 AM - 80th FTW Ops? 140.9250 AM - 80th FTW Ops? 141.4250 AM - 80th FTW Ops? 141.7750 AM - 80th FTW Ops? 142.2000 AM - 80th FTW Ops? Victor 22? 142.9000 AM - 80th FTW Ops? 143.8750 AM - 80th FTW Ops? 148.0500 AM - 80th FTW Ops? 148.1750 AM - 80th FTW Ops? 149.2500 AM - 80th FTW Ops? 149.5250 AM - 80th FTW Ops? 229.0500 AM - Base Ops? 80th FTW Command Post? 264.0000 AM - MOA Discreet? 311.0000 AM - Command Post (unknown if still used) 321.0000 AM - Command Post (unknown if still used) 343.9500 AM - Arrival Discreet 346.2750 AM - Arrival Discreet 353.7750 AM - Arrival Discreet 392.1000 AM - Blue Departure
- A list of local channel presets is on page 15 of sheppardafbi13-204.pdf
Frequency Type Tone - Description 142.2750 BF CSQ - SCADA 165.1375 BF CSQ - SCADA 407.3750 BF 186.2 PL - SCADA
- The following were voice channels on the original trunked system (before transitioning to the San Antonio Military SmartZone and later USAF 3D6 systems). It is not known if they are still used.
- See Wichita County (TX) Old Frequencies for frequencies used before the trunked system was installed.
Military Operating Areas (MOAs)
MOAs used by the T-6
Sheppard 1 MOA Sub Areas 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Sheppard 2 MOA Sub Areas 10A 10B, 11A 11B, 12A 12B, 13A 13B, 14A 14B
MOAs used by the T-38
Hollis MOA Sub Areas Hollis A, Hollis B, Reed
Washita MOA Sub Areas Pine, Oak
Westover 1 MOA Sub Areas Dundee, Stover, Vera, Goree
Westover 2 MOA Sub Areas Steen, Elm, Oliver, Brazo, Dumont
MOA info from share the air
As of 9/15/10 the following are common call signs used by military aircraft while training and or passing through the area. Some of the call signs are assigned to Sheppard aircraft, but not all. This list may not be 100% correct and call signs could change without notice.
BLADE T-6, BAJA T-38, BANGER T-38, BEAR T-38, DOZER T-38, HAMMER T-38, KENT T-38, MADCAT T-38, MUSTANG ? (Navy Ft Worth)?, SNORT T-38
- Sheppard AFB home page
- Wikipedia:Sheppard Air Force Base
- Wikipedia:Whichita Falls Municipal Airport
- FaceBook:Sheppard Air Force Base
Related Wiki Pages
- United States Air Force (3D6)
- Airports Wichita County (TX)
- Gulf States Milcom
- Federal Aviation Administration
- Transportation Security Administration