Tippecanoe County Public Safety (Project 25) System
From The RadioReference Wiki
|System Name||Tippecanoe County Public Safety (Project 25) System|
|System Type||Project 25 Phase 1|
|Wide Area Communications Network||BEE00|
|Network Access Code|
|TRBO Color Code|
|Tippecanoe County Public Safety (Project 25) System System DB Entry|
|Tippecanoe County Public Safety (Project 25) System FCC Info|
|Indiana Discussion Forum|
Welcome to the Tippecanoe County Public Safety (Project 25) System collaboration article, a Trunked Radio System located in Tippecanoe County, Indiana.
This is where you, the user, may index any articles you develop for scanning related topics for this Trunked Radio System.
This is the wiki for the new Tippecanoe County P25 Phase 1 system that is set to go live towards the end of November 2016. This page will be continually updated as more is learned about the new system.
What We Know So Far
- Control Channel was found on 853.8375.
- Unitrunker reveals a system ID of 6FD and WACN of BEE00.
- The school corporation buses have been heard on TGs 2407-2425.
- During the day on 11/29/2016, a system administrator was cycling through talkgroups on the system for testing. This test revealed 85 talkgroups, all odd numbers, ranging from 1801 to 2679.
- Talkgroup ID 5 is seeing large amounts of encrypted traffic from several user IDs in the 30xxx series.
- So far it seems the primary users of the system to date are the Tippecanoe and West Lafayette School Corporations and the Lafayette Street Department.
- A large amount of encrypted traffic has been found on talkgroup 5 using DES-OFB keys.
- Sources confirmed that the hex talk groups IDs on the old system match the hex talk group IDs on the new system. This allowed us to match old talk groups to those found on the new system. Many of the old talk groups which were not used did not make the switch. Additionally, a large amount of Purdue Services is remaining on the old system even after the switch. A timeline was also identified for the switch, listed below.
Sources high-up have indicated that the changeover from the old Type II system will be taking place starting 11/30/2016. It appears the schoolbus system is already utilizing the new system.
12/01/2016: Purdue Public Safety switches 12/02/2016: West Lafayette Public Safety switches Early in the week of 12/04/2016: Lafayette Public Safety and Tippecanoe County agencies switch 12/08/2016: Switch is completed, all traffic is on the new system
Return to Wiki page: Trunked Radio Systems (IN)