Wake County (NC)
From The RadioReference Wiki
Using Google Earth to view Raleigh Police Department Districts/Beats
Google Earth can now be used to view every Raleigh PD Beat & District. It is Very easy to setup:
- Go to Google Earth and download Google Earth and install it for your operating system. It is available for most operating systems.
- Download this zip file from RR.com: RPDKMLFiles.Zip
- Unzip and Extract the 2 files in the RPDKMLFiles.zip file you just downloaded.
- The 2 Files you should now have are named:
- New Beats.kml
- New District.kml
- Start up Google Earth and Select "File" then "Open" as shown below:
- Select both of the ".kml" files you just saved a few minutes ago and Google Earth
should import them.
- If successful you should see the new beats/districts in the places column on the left hand side:
- And you should be able to click on them and see something like the Image Below:
- You now have the ability to zoom in to street level and out and click on individual Beats/Districts and see which beats cover which areas.
Wake County Sheriff Unit Numbering
- 100 units are administrative
- 200 units are investigators
- 300 units are SRO's (School Resource Officers)
- 400 units are jail transport
- 500 units are judicial services
- 600 units are A Platoon units...Patrol (regular road deputies)
- 800 units are B Platoon units...Patrol (regular road deputies)
- 900 units are STOP/IMPACT & K-9 Units (STOP are deputies that do traffic enforcement and IMPACT are Drug enforcement patrol units).
The zone map is mainly just for assignment purposes. Road deputies are assigned to a zone or zones at the beginning of their shift. They will usually be assigned calls in their zone or an adjacent zone if needed.
Wake County Sheriff Dept Maps
Raleigh/Wake County 10 Codes/Signals
- Wake County (NC) EMS 800Mhz Viper System Procedures
- Wake County (NC) Fire Brevity Codes
- Wake County (NC) Tone-Out List
- Wake County (NC) Raleigh EMS Medical Priority Codes
- Wake County (NC) Raleigh PD Monitoring Guide
- Wake County NC EMS Station IDs
- Raleigh Durham International Airport (RDU) Wake County (NC)