Wellington County (ON)
From The RadioReference Wiki
|Ontario DB||MediaWiki||Quickref||PDF Card||Ontario Forum|
Welcome to the Wellington County collaboration article. This is where you, the user, may index any articles you develop for scanning related topics for your area.
- 1 City of Guelph
- 2 EMS
- 3 Policing
- 4 Wellington County Fire
- 5 Related Pages
City of Guelph
For Guelph Emergency Services, see: Guelph Emergency Services
For Guelph City Services, see Guelph City Services
Ambulance service in Wellington County is provided by Guelph-Wellington Paramedic Service (GWPS). GWEMS (Guelph-Wellington Emergency Medical Service) is an older name that is still seen on some signage (such as Elmira Rd base).
EMS Stations are paged via Cambridge CACC Paging Hub (419.7625), or on the MOH Provincial Paging frequency (149.44000). As of July 2021, two tone voice pages are still used.
Dispatch/Tactical Communications can be found on Bell Fleetnet Zone 1 Talkgroup 35552 - Tactical 3 - Wellington/Dufferin and hospital patches are completed via the Bell Fleetnet Zone 1 Talkgroup 35488 - North - Hospital Patch.
On the University of Guelph Campus, the First Response Team is dispatched by the University of Guelph Campus Community Police on the University of Guelph DMR 339002 - Fire Prevention/First Response Team
The City of Guelph's master plan for GWPS can be seen here: https://guelph.ca/wp-content/uploads/paramedic_master_plan.pdf
- 2063 
- 2067 
- 2238 
First Response Units
- 2358 (referred to as the ERV)
- 2318 - 
- 2369 - SUV with normal GWPS livery and generically marked as 'PARAMEDIC SERVICE'. Currently used as a Community Paramedic vehicle 
- 2316 - Pickup Truck
- 2324 - Used in Guelph during homecoming weekend 2022
- 2359 - SUV , Possibly used by management
- 2703 - Newer Chevrolet SUV
GWEMS has several stations and posts throughout its 2600 square kilometre coverage area. Posts (or 'satellite stations') do not contain full amenities and paramedics don't report to work at these locations. Instead, paramedics would begin their shift at a nearby station and then moved to posts during their shift for optimal coverage.
A map of EMS stations for GWPS and other nearby paramedic services is available here.
- Base 00 - Station Elmira Road (Guelph)
- 355 Elmira Road North, Unit 134 Melran Mall, Guelph (ambulance bays located in the back, at northern most corner of building)
- Base 02 - Station Fergus
- 285 Queen Street East, Fergus
- Base 03 - Station Clair Road (Guelph)
- Clair Road Emergency Services Centre, 160 Clair Road West, Guelph
- Base 04 - Station Mount Forest
- 202 Industrial Drive, Mount Forest
- Base 05 - Station Arthur
- Arthur Fire Hall, 103 Smith Street, Arthur
- Base 06 - Station Harriston
- 122 Robertson Street South, Harriston
- Base 07 - Station Drayton
- Base 08 - Station Rockwood
- Rockwood Fire Hall, 5141 Wellington Road 27, Rockwood
- Base 10 - Station Hillsburgh
- Hillsburgh Fire Hall, 2 Station Street, Hillsburgh
- Base 12 - Gordon Station, Guelph
- GWPS used to have a facility on 65 Delhi St in Guelph, but has since moved to the post on York Rd.
- Carden Base (was referred to as 12 base before Gordon Station was opened). Was most likely a temporary post in use during Guelph's "Safe Semester", located somewhere downtown on or near Carden St. As of December 2021, the new Gordon Station uses the same station number and page tone outs that Carden Base did.
- Base 09 - York Rd Post (Guelph)
The ERV (2358) is sometimes assigned to a roaming zone in Guelph. The vehicle will usually stay running with the radio on in its assigned zone waiting for a call.
- Core (Downtown Guelph)
- West End
- University Zone
- When an ambulance is moved from Rockwood towards Guelph for coverage (code 8), they sometimes have it standby at Eramosa/Victoria or another nearby location.
- Teviotdale is sometimes used as a standby location for coverage in the north Wellington area.
Ambulance Pager Tone Outs
Base pages/Tone outs are heard on 149.440 MHz in Guelph, and can be heard with any conventional scanner on FM. 2 tones are played in sequence (see table below for tone frequencies), and then a normal FM voice transmission is heard afterwards.
Tone Frequencies have been rounded up/down to the closet frequency in the GE Type 99 Table 1.
|Station||Tone A||Tone B||Cap Code|
|00 - Elmira Rd||937.5||727.5||068|
|03 - Clair Rd||937.5||637.5||069|
|08 - Rockwood||907.5||952.5||456|
|09 - York Rd Post||832.5||562.5||238|
|12 - Carden||877.5||967.5||246|
|12 - Gordon Station||877.5||967.5||246|
Wellington County OPP
- North Wellington Operations Centre (Teviotdale)
- Centre Wellington Operations Centre (Fergus)
- South Wellington Operations Centre (Rockwood)
The Palmerston and Mt Forest detachments were replaced by the new Teviotdale operations centre.
A forensic identification services (FIS) field unit is now housed in Mt Forest.
OPP Soft Id's for Wellington County sorted by: Soft ID Service Area Detachment
Detachment Location 6 Tango 00 Detachment Units
- Wellington Mount Forest 6 Tango 01
- Arthur Wellington Palmerston 6 Tango 01
- Drayton Wellington Palmerston 6 Tango 01
- Erin Wellington Palmerston 6 Tango 01
- Guelph Wellington Palmerston 6 Tango 01
- Moorefield Wellington Palmerston 6 Tango 01
- Mount Forest Wellington Palmerston 6 Tango 01
- Puslinch Wellington Palmerston 6 Tango 01
- Rockwood Wellington Palmerston 6 Tango 01
- Wellington Wellington Palmerston 6 Tango 10
- Guelph Wellington Guelph 6 Tango 20
- Mount Forest Wellington Mount Forest 6 Tango 30
- Palmerston Wellington Palmerston 6 Tango 40
- Elora Wellington Palmerston 6 Tango 40
- Fergus Wellington Fergus 6 Tango 60
- Clifford Wellington Palmerston 6 Tango 60
- Harriston Wellington Palmerston 6 Tango 60
- Palmerston Wellington Palmerston 6 Tango 60
- Town of Minto Wellington ? 6 Tango 90 ?
- Wellington ?
Highway 401 is patrolled by Cambridge 5E Units Work in Progress: Zone 2 is 401 Near the 6's
Wellington County Fire
Apparatus are numbered based on station
- Elora - Station #60
- Fergus - Station #40
- Erin - Station #10
- Hillsburgh - Station #50
- Rockwood - Station #20
- Pump 20
- Pump 21
- Pump 22
- Drayton - Station #70
- Moorefield - Station #80
- Clifford - Station #140
- Harriston - Station #110
- Palmerston - Station #100
- Puslinch - Station #30
- Arthur - Station #90
- Mount Forest - Station #120
Fire Tone Outs
- 153.7700 MHz County Wide frequency
- 151.1600 MHz Hub Frequency for County Wide Repeaters
- 154.3550 MHz Guelph Control Frequency for Hub Repeater
|Station Location||Tone A||Tone B|
Note that Rockwood only has one long tone.