Wichita Falls (EDACS)
From The RadioReference Wiki
- Wichita Falls Public Safety EDACS System
- This system was replaced by the Wichita Falls P25 system, was built in 2005 and was decommissioned in February, 2017.
- The information on this page is obsolete.
|System Name||Wichita Falls|
|System Type||EDACS Standard Simulcast w/EDACS Provoice|
|Wide Area Communications Network|
|Network Access Code||Black|
|TRBO Color Code|
|Ownership||City of Wichita Falls|
|Wichita Falls System DB Entry|
|Wichita Falls FCC Info|
|Texas Discussion Forum|
Welcome to the Wichita Falls collaboration article, a Trunked Radio System located in Wichita County, Texas.
This is where you, the user, may index any articles you develop for scanning related topics for this Trunked Radio System.
Please see the EDACS Provoice article for compatible scanners and applications.
- This system was built in 2005 and replaced by a Harris P25 phase 2 simulcast system. The new system went on the air on 6/22/2016. The old system went off the air in February 2017. For more information see the forum thread.
- The City of Wichita Falls has five conventional (non-trunked) 800 MHz repeaters on national interoperability channels 8CALL90-8TAC94. These are very rarely used.
- Wichita Falls Fire Dept uses Texas interoperability channel 8TAC95D (851.5500 simplex PL 156.7) as a fireground channel.
Related Wiki Articles
Return to Wiki page: Wichita County (TX)