From The RadioReference Wiki
To clone (copy) data from one scanner to another scanner (they must be the same model number), you must first connect the scanners to each other using the included connection cables and a DB9 null modem adapter and DB9 gender changer (neither included), available at most computer stores. Then you must set one scanner as the master (source) and the other as the slave (destination). Plug the smaller end of each of the included connection cables into the Remote jack on the right side of each scanner. Then connect the other end of the cables together using the null modem connector and gender changer. Then set up both scanners:
- For each scanner, press Menu. Scroll to 'Xfer Information' and press E/Yes.
- Scroll to 'Wired Clone' and press E/Yes.
- Scroll to 'Master' and press E/Yes for the source scanner.
- Scroll to 'Slave' and press E/Yes for the destination scanner.
- When you are ready to clone the scanner, press Scan on the slave scanner first, then Scan on the master scanner. The master scanner checks the connection between the two scanners, then transfers its data to the slave scanner. When the transfer is complete, 'Complete' appears on both scanners. If the transfer did not work, 'Error' appears on the master scanner.
- Press Scan to exit.
Note: No null modem cable is required for the BCD996T, BCT15, BCD996XT, BCT15X, BCD996P2, UBC800XLT
Credit Easier to Read manuals