From The RadioReference Wiki
Uniden's analog-only Base/Mobile Trunktracker scanner with Dynamic Memory Architecture and GPS Support. Shipping started Summer 2006.
- Channels: 2500 maximum
- Systems: 500 maximum
- Sites: 1000 maximum, 256 maximum per system
- Groups per system: 20 maximum
- Talkgroups per trunked system: 250 maximum
- Scan Rate: 100 channels per second (conventional mode)
- System Quick Key range: 0-99
- Group Quick Key range: 0-9
- Custom Search Ranges: 10
- Preprogrammed Service Search Bands: 13
- 25 - 512 MHz
- 764 - 776 MHz
- 794 - 956 MHz
- 1240 - 1300 MHz
- Rebanding Supported? YES
- TrunkTracker III with Control - Channel Only scanning and I-Call monitoring
- BearTracker warning system
- State-by-State Preprogrammed Channels — let you easily keep up with activity on local police, Department of Transportation, and Highway Patrol frequencies when you travel, without having to program any channels.
- Close Call, with Close Call Do Not Disturb, Close Call Priority (or Primary), and Close Call Temporary Store.
- Fire Tone Out Alert
- DCS/CTCSS Rapid Decode
- Search with Scan
- Frequency/ID AutoStore - automatically store frequencies from a service or limit search into a conventional system or store talk group IDs into a trunked system
- 16 character text tagging for each system, site, group, channel, talkgroup, search range, GPS location, tone-out, and SAME group
- Compatible with BC-RH96 Remote Head
- Quick Search
- Service Search — lets you select from Public Safety, News, HAM Radio, Marine, Railroad, Air, Citizens Band Radio, FRS/GMRS, Racing, TV Broadcast, FM Broadcast, Military Air, and Special (Itinerant)
- Custom Search — lets you program up to 10 search ranges
- 500 (250 Temporary + 250 Permanent) Search Lockouts
- SAME Weather Alert
- Weather Priority
- Priority Scan with Priority Plus
- Signal Strength display
- Trunking Activity Indicators
- Configurable scan delay
- Strong signal attenuation
- Upgradeable firmware
- Channel Alert
- Independent Alert Tone Volume – lets you set the volume level of the following tones: Key Beep, Emergency Alert, Channel Alert, and Close Call Alert.
- Repeater Reverse
- Broadcast signal ignore while searching (TV and radio station frequencies, pagers, etc)
- Dropout Delay
- Quick Recall – quickly navigates to a specific Channel by choosing the System, Group, and Channel.
- DIN-E and ISO Vehicle Mountable
- Reversible Display - Lets you reverse the display to mount unit upside down (and hear the speaker from the top)
- Record Out — you can connect an output jack to a VOX controlled recorder or PC sound input to record the received audio.
- Duplicate Input Alert
- Data Skip
- Key Lock
- PC Programming and Control
- Wired Cloning
- On-Air Programming
- Memory Back Up
- Power requirements: 11.0V to 16.6V DC
- Antenna Connector: BNC
Uniden Multi-Site Trunking - Allows independent system sites to share common talk group channel lists.
Location-based scanning and GPS information display - If you connect a GPS unit to the scanner it can automatically enable/disable systems based on the geographic information you provide.
Startup Configuration - Pressing a number button while powering on the scanner automatically unlocks all systems assigned to that startup key and automatically locks all systems assigned to a different startup key (unassigned systems are not affected).
Temporary Lockout - Makes it easy to temporarily lock out a system, channel, or frequency. The lockout is cleared when you turn power off.
Pressing L/O or F+L/O two times results in a permanent lockout. Pressing L/O for more than 3 seconds unlocks all channels in the current system (or all search lockouts if in a search). F+L/O for more than 3 seconds unlocks all systems.
Temporary lockouts are removed when power is cycled.
Alert + - Sets the scanner for "wife and girlfriend" mode. Silences all channels and audio except for those channels and events that have an assigned alert.
Three-Level Backlighting - Lets you set the display/keypad backlight to any of three brightness levels (or off). Also lets you connect to your vehicle’s dimmer circuit to dim the scanner’s display with the vehicle’s dimmer control.
“Soft“ Search Keys - Let you program the keypad’s secondary functions to turn on/off specified search ranges.
Single-Handed Function Operation - Tap Function to access F+ key presses. 5 seconds after your last key press, the scanner reverts to non F+ entry (or press Function again to revert sooner).
- Scanner Programming: Man-Machine Interface
- 'Getting the Most from the new Uniden Scanners' by Paul Opitz
- Uniden Dynamic Memory Scanner Problems
- Uniden scanner test modes
- BCT-15 Owner's Manual
PC Programming and Control
- BuTel Software
- ARC-15 LiTe
- ARC-15 Basic
- ARC-15 PRO
- ID Tracker II
- Scan Control
- Scancat Lite Plus
- Trunkstar Elite
- Trunkstar Elite Pro
- UASD Software and Firmware Updates
Yahoo Groups and Message Boards
- BCT15 Yahoo group
- BCT-15 Yahoo group
- ARC330/ARC396/ARC996/ARC15 software discussion and support.
- Scancat Yahoo group
- Scan Control Yahoo group
Return to Uniden Scanners