Hawkins Field Airport (HKS) Hinds County (MS)
From The RadioReference Wiki
|Aviation FAQ||Aviation Glossary|
Welcome to the Hawkins Field Airport (HKS) aviation article, the airport located in Hinds County, Mississippi.
This is where you, the user, may index any articles, frequencies-lists, etc. that you develop for scanning related topics for this airport.
Hawkins Field Airport
Hawkins Field (HKS) is a city owned public use airport located three miles northwest of the central business district of Jackson, a city in Hinds County, MS. Hawkins Field covers an area of 602 acres (244 ha) which contains two runways: 16/34 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,387 x 150 ft (1,642 x 46 m) and 11/29 with a concrete surface measuring 3,431 x 150 ft (1,046 x 46 m).
Headquarters 185th Theater Aviation Brigade
Hawkins Field is home to the Mississippi Army National Guard 185th Theater Aviation Brigade.
They use and maintain UH-60 Black Hawk & OH-58 Kiowa helicopters.
Units at Hawkins Field
- Det 1, HHC 1-185th
- Company C - 1-185th (MH/UH-60)
- Company D - 1-185th (MH/UH-60)
- Det 2, Company E, 131st AVN, OH-58D Intermediate Maintenance Co
- Civil Air Patrol: Maj James McKinnie Composite Squadron
- VHF & UHF Aircraft Bands
- MilAir Frequencies, VHF low and high bands may be used for air operations
- Civil Air Patrol Frequencies
- Support Frequencies are unknown
- Please submit any additional frequencies to the Hawkins Field page at RR
- Hinds County
- Gulf States Milcom
- Meridian/Key Field (MEI) Lauderdale County (MS)
- Military Aviation (MILAIR) (MS)
- Federal Aviation Administration
- Transportation Security Administration