Horry County (SC)
From The RadioReference Wiki
Horry County's primary communications system is the Horry County Public Safety Trunked Radio System. Most, if not all, public safety agencies inside Horry County operate off of this system.
Submitting Additional Information
A wiki is a collaborative project that any member can edit. Therefore, if you have information to add or corrections to be made, and you're confident in your ability to edit wiki code, please feel free to make changes. However, if you have information you'd like to appear in this article and you don't want to edit this wiki article yourself, please create a thread in the South Carolina forum.
Please do not submit unverified information. We'd like to keep this article as high-quality as possible and rely on users to vet all information provided.
If you would like information in the database to be changed, you must click the Submit Info button above.
- http://ps.nmb.us/ - North Myrtle Beach Public Safety's official website. Contains information on NMB's police and fire/rescue department. The fire/rescue station also has a list of stations, with pictures.
- http://www.cityofmyrtlebeach.com/fire.html - Myrtle Beach Fire Department's official website. Has some general information about their fire department, and the locations of each station.
- http://www.cityofmyrtlebeach.com/police.html - Myrtle Beach Police's official website.
- http://www.horrycounty.org/ - Official information, directly from the county, regarding Horry Co's trunked radio system, and other communications.
- http://www.horry800.webs.com/ - Also has some good information about the Horry Co system. - Link broken. This website has either been taken down, or moved to another address. If the author of this website wishes to contribute their wonderful information to this article, it is welcome!
Official Agency-Provided Feeds
- http://twitter.com/horrycountypd - Horry County Police Department
- http://twitter.com/hcfirerescue - Horry County Fire/Rescue
- http://twitter.com/HCFRBattalion2 - Horry County Fire/Rescue Battalion 2 Feed (Myrtle Beach, Surfside Beach, Carolina Forest and Murrells Inlet Garden City.)
- http://twitter.com/HorryCountyEMD - Horry County Emergency Management Division
- http://twitter.com/MyrtleBeachFire - Myrtle Beach Fire Department
- http://twitter.com/CarolinaScanner - Twitter feed of breaking news and other things being heard on the scanner.
- http://twitter.com/MB_Scanner_Guy - Reporting Police, Fire and Medical Emergencies as well as Traffic and Sever Weather Conditions in Myrtle Beach, SC, and the rest of Horry County.
- http://twitter.com/SCFireFighting - SConFire.com news. Fire-related news from across the state of SC.
Official Statewide Feeds & Feeds from Nearby Counties
- http://twitter.com/EMDSC - South Carolina Emergency Management Division
- http://twitter.com/PawleysIslandPD - (Georgetown County) Pawleys Island Police Department
Related Wiki Pages
- Horry County (SC) Fire and Rescue
- Horry County (SC) Police
- Horry County Public Safety Trunked Radio System
- Conway City (SC) - The Conway PD and Conway FD both operate primarily on the HCTRS system. See the Horry County Data article for more information about the consolidation of Conway PD's dispatch into Horry County PD's dispatch.
- Myrtle Beach Communications - Myrtle Beach Communications is a privately-owned company based in Myrtle Beach that provides radio service to many public safety agencies in the area, as well as local businesses and schools.
- SC Highway Patrol/Department of Public Safety (SC) - The SC Highway Patrol is very active in Horry County. SCHP operates on the state-wide Palmetto 800 system. SCHP has the capability of using the Horry County trunked system, when needed.