MTO on the Ontario Fleetnet system
From The RadioReference Wiki
MTO on the Ontario Fleetnet system
- This is a list of MTO Maintenance Patrol numbers and also other highway info for Ontario Provincial Highways. Every 3 hours the comm centre will do road reports. Highway condition infomation is from area supervisors. Please list any MTO infomation on this wiki. This list is compiled from our Eastern Canada Forum members, Thanks everybody!.
MTO Road Condition Codes
- RBD: Road bare and dry
- RBDAMP: Road bare and damp
- RBW: Roads bare and wet
- RCB: Road center bare
- RD: Road doubtful
- RH: Road heavy snow
- RI: Road icy
- RSC: Road snow covered
- RSL: Road slushy
- RSP: Road snow packed
- RTB: Road track bare
- AD: dry snow
- AN: none
- AR: rain
- AS: sleet
- AW: wet snow
- AX: snow flurries
- FR: freezing rain
- OP: Plowing
- OSA: Sanding
- OSG: Salting
- DLA: Direct Liquid Application -- (Winter Deicing)
- Southwest, Dispatched by London XJS 445, Various Talkgroups Include: Paris, Chatham 1-
- Patrol # DBi- Windsor City, Highway 401,3, E.C. Row and Ojibway Parkway
- Patrol #1 Essex County
- Belle River -- 401 from Windsor to Tilbury, 3 from Leamington to Windsor, Highway 77
- Patrol #2 - Chatham-Kent (@ Kent Centre - corner of Hwys 40 & 401)
- Patrol #3 - Iona -- 401 in Elgin and Middlesex west of London
- Patrol #4 - Hwy 402 (Bluewater Bridge to Exit 44) based in Reece's Corners
- Patrol #4A -Hwy 40 (402 to Wallaceburg), based in Courtright
- Patrol #4B -Hwy 21 (402 to St Joseph), based in Port Franks
- Patrol # 11- Middlesex, Highways 401, 402, Highway 4.
- Patrol # 12- Highways 403 & 24 in Brant Co, Based in Paris
- Patrol # 13- Woodstock base, Highways 401, 403 and Perth County Highway 7/8.
- Patrol # 14- Waterloo Region, Highway 401, 85. 7/8 (In Waterloo Region) & Highways 7 & 8, Highway 24 in Waterloo.
- Wellington County, Highway 7 & 6 (as far North as Fergus)
- Patrol # 15- Haldimand & Norfolk, Highways 3 & 6 & Highway 24 ?
- Patrol # 16- Norfolk County, Highways 3 & 19.
- The following patrols where heard on the Niagara TG
- Patrol #10 - QEW Niagara Falls to Fort Erie and are dispatched from Bowen base in Fort Erie
- Patrol #11 - QEW Vineland Station to Niagara Falls
- Patrol #12 - Niagara Falls Thorold, Welland
- Patrol #13A - QEW north of Niagara Falls to the Hamilton line (the base is Homer Yd in St.Catharines)
- Patrol #13B - Canfield
- Patrol #15 -
- Patrol #16 -
- Patrol #17 -
- Patrol #18 -
- Patrol #19 -
- Patrol #20 - QEW Burlington to Stoney Creek
- Patrol #21 - 403 Jerseyville Road to Hamilton /403 Hamilton to Burlington
- Patrol #21A - Mitchell North
- Patrol #22 - Goderich
- Patrol #22- Mississauga, Oakville, West Toronto
- Patrol #23 - Arthur/Palmerson/Harrison
- Patrol #23A - Owen Sound
- Patrol #24 - Chatsworth
- Patrol #24A - Meaford
- Patrol #25 - Kincardine
- Patrol #26 - Clavering
- Patrol #27 - north of Stratford
- Patrol #28 -
- Patrol #29 -
- Patrol #30 - Morriston (HWY 6?)
- Patrol #31 - On Morriston TG 38480 (MORR) Handles calls in the east, i.e. 401 & Weston Rd.
- Patrol #32 - Forest
- Patrol #33 -
- Patrol #34 -
- Patrol #35 -
- Patrol #36 -
- Patrol #40 Highway 401 from Highway 400 to Morningside Ave
- Patrol #41 -
- Patrol #42 -
- Patrol #50 -
- Patrol #51 -
- Patrol #60 -
- Patrol #61 - Referencing operations on HWY 115
- Patrol #62 - Referencing operations on HWY 12 north
- Patrol #63 -
- Patrol #64 -
- Patrol #70 - Referencing operations on HWY 400 Barrie and HWY 26
- Heard patrol above mentioning to start operations on HWY 93 west of HWY 400 and also HWY 400 north of HWY 93. Patrol 70 was heard on TG 38416 Labelled KMC10
- Patrol #71- Coldwater (Hillsdale is a satellite yard)
- Patrol #72- Forest Home (Brechin is a satellite yard)
- HWY 400 and HWY 11? Patrol #72 was also referencing icy conditions on HWY 93 and HWY 12 East of 400. TG 38416 Labelled KMC10
- Patrol #73- Cookstown
- Patrol above is believed to be for HWY 400 (Canal Rd to HWY 11 split in Barrie) Supervisors road report on TG 38384 which is labeled KMCO . Plows are always on TG KMC9 on that stretch of highway 400.
- Patrol #83,83b - Blind River
- Patrol #84,84b - Goulais Bay, Batchawana Yard
- Patrol #85,85b - Wawa
- Patrol #86 - White River?
- Patrol #87 - Chapleau
- Reece's Corners Patrol 4A and 4B*Hwy 40 from Wallaceburg to 402 (patrol 4A), 402 from bluewater bridge to Navoo road (exit 44)(Patrol 4), and Hwy 21 from 402 to St Joseph (Patrol 4B)
- Covers Fort Erie
- Covers St Catharines, northern regions.
- Refers to the depot in Thorald and covers the city of Niagara Falls.
- Burlington Yard is at the Q and Northshore, right at Joseph Brant Hospital and where the OPP Burlington detachement is.
- Covers eastern regions of Halton (located in Western Oakville)
- Duffs Corners
- Handles calls in Flamborough as well as calls in Hamilton on the 403,(especially mountain calls).
- More Bases
- 4351 Patrol 51E - Crosby - Hwy. 401 Patrol 51W - Kingston
- 4352 Brockville - Hwy. 401
- 4353 Patrol 53 - Morrisburg - Hwy. 401, 416
- 4354 Patrol 54 - Kemptville - Hwy. 416
- 4360 Patrol 60 - Grafton
- 4361 Patrol 61 - Marysville
- 4362 Patrol 62E - Tweed - Hwy's 37, 62 - B) Patrol 62W - Madoc
- 4370/4371 Patrol 70/71 - Cloyne/Denbigh
- 4372 Patrol 72 - Dacre Hwy's 41, 60, and 132
- 4373 Patrol 73 - Eganville Hwy's 41, 60, and 132
- 4374 Barry's Bay - Hwy's 60, 123, 127, 523
- 4375 Patrol 75 - Barry's Bay Hwy's 60, 123, 127, 523
- 4376 Maynooth
- 4376 (West) Pembroke (East) Haley Station
- 4377 Perth/Carleton Place
- 4378 (East) Carlsbad Springs - Hwy's 34, 138, 174, 417 (West) Vanleek Hill/Hawksbury - *Hwy 417
- 4379 Ottawa
- 4381 Bow Lake
- 4382 Belleville
- 4383 Fraserville - Hwy 115
- 4384 Lindsay - Hwy's 7A West, 35
- Units on the Niagara Talkgroup cover all provincial roads in Niagara Region.
Units on the Burlington Talkgroup covers provincial roads in Halton Region,the city of Hamilton, Peel Region (through Mssissauga on the QEW)and Highway 427 in the city of Toronto.
GTA area (need patrol numbers)
Please help complete this list!
The following is a list of the Patrol Areas in the GTA. These don't include Patrol Numbers, only the areas they serve...so hopefully if you over hear something, we can use these areas to map them out...
- 400 Maple Leaf to Canal Road (Bradford)
- 400 Canal Rd to Barrie
- 400 Barrie to Craighurst
- 400 Craighurst to Port Severn
- 401 Highway 6 South to Trafalgar
- 401 Trafalgar to Junction highway 400 (North York)
- 401 Junction Highway 400 to Morningside Avenue (Scarborough)
- 401 Morningside Avenue (Scarborough) to Harmony Road (Oshawa)
- 401 Harmony Road (Oshawa) to Durham/Northumberland Boundary Rd
- 403 Mavis to Highway 401
- 403 Jerseyville Road to Hamilton
- 403 Hamilton to Burlington
- 404 Highway 401 to Greenlane
- 405 Junction QEW (IC 37) to Queenston
- 406 QEW to Welland
- 410 Bovaird to Highway 401
- 409 Airport Rd to Highway 401
- 420 Junction of QEW (Interchange 30) to Niagara Falls
- 427 Junction of QEW (Etobicoke) to Kleinburg
- QEW Junction highway 427 (Etobicoke) to Erin Mills Parkway
- QEW Erin Mills Parkway to Burlington
- QEW Burlington to Stoney Creek
- QEW Stoney Creek to Vineland Station
- QEW Vineland Station to Niagara Falls (Patrol 11)
- QEW Niagara Falls to Fort Erie (Patrol 10)
|38048||94a||A||MTO COM||MTO Common|
|38720||974||A||SPR 1||Spare 1|
Central Region Patrol yard information
- Patrol Yards
There are 8 patrol yards within Simcoe where Winter Maintenance activities are deployed from.
- Cookstown on Hwy 89 west of Hwy 400
- Barrie which is off of Essa Rd west of Hwy 400
- Coldwater which is on County Rd. 16 just north of the town
- Hillsdale which is on the west side of Hwy 93 south of the town
- Midhurst which is on the east side of County Rd. 27 approx 5 km north of Barries Bayfield Street
- Stayner which is on the north side County Rd 91 (Main Street) approx. 1 km west of the intersection of Main and King Streets
- Forest Home which is on the north side of Hwy 11 at Oro-Medonte line 14
- Brechin, which is on the west side of Hwy 12 at the intersection of 12 and Hwy 169 north of brechin
- Patrol Truck Numbers
- Patrol 70 is Barrie Main yard (Stayner and Midhurst are both satellite yards) TG KMC-10
- Patrol 71 is Coldwater Main yard (Hillsdale is a satellite yard) TG KMC-11
- Patrol 72 is Forest Home Main yard (Brechin is a satellite yard)
- Patrol 73 is Cookstown Main yard TG KMC-9
Patrols above have there road and weather reports on Talk Group-KMC 0
- Winter road patrolling is performed 24 / 7 out of the four main yards for the winter months. The satellite yards have equipment which is deployed after being ordered out by the patrollers of the main yards. The equipment is a variety of snow plows, sanders, combination units, (Plows and sanders) and tankers for Direct Liquid Applications of salt/brine.
There are approximately 40 units in total.
Eastern Region Patrol Yards
- Click image for bigger
- Here is some info on winter operations on the eastern region from MTO Mtce Superintendent in the Kingston area.
- Superintendent's area is the yellow and green colours; the yellow line on hwy 401 should run to the west of Kingston to a turnaround just west of Camden East km maker 589; it's shown in red now, Patrol 51's west limits.
- The Patrols that I manage are the ones in the fifties 51, 52, 53 and 54 with the A's and B's as the sub yards. Generally the patrolling units run out of the main yards but I have patrollers running out of Camden east 51A to cover hwy 33 Kingston to Glenora Ferry and out of Crosby 51B too on hwy 15 hwy 401 to Smith Falls just because of the distances and so the main patroller stays on Hwy 401. Once the storm starts the 51A and B patrollers then become plow / spreader operators and relay conditions to the 51 patroller.
- My contractor is TWD Roads Management Inc. you may have seen this name on trucks or signs at yards or on the Hwys they maintain. In my area TWD has 58 plows and spreader units which have specific routes for each unit that run out all the 9 yards in my area.
- There are four Maintenance Superintendents in the Region. Kingston has two with the Patrol numbers in the 60's. The Ottawa Area has one superintendent with the patrols in 70's. The Bancroft Superintendent uses the 43xx numbers.
Refresh this page from the latest database entry