NEXEDGE is a digital radio brand from Kenwood which uses the NXDN Common Air Interface. The NXDN CAI was developed jointly by Icom and Kenwood and has a following of several companies, known collectively as the NXDN Forum. The NXDN CAI uses Frequency Division Multiple Access (FDMA), employing a 4-level FSK modulation scheme.
Kenwood's brand for NXDN equipment is "NEXEDGE", while Icom's brand for NXDN equipment is "IDAS", or Icom Digital Advanced System.
The following emission designators are used with NEXEDGE:
- 8K30F1E 12.5 kHz single channel digital voice
- 8K30F1D 12.5 kHz single channel digital data
- 8K30F1W 12.5 kHz single channel digital voice and data
- 4K00F1E 6.25 kHz single channel digital voice
- 4K00F1D 6.25 kHz single channel digital data
- 4K00F1W 6.25 kHz single channel digital voice and data
- 4K00F2D 6.25 kHz single channel analog CW ID
Who are the Users?
- Click on the NDXN and NEXEDGE Business Systems links at the bottom of this page, and select the various regions to see if there are listings in this wiki. More information might be found in the trunking tab of your state in the RR Database; however, the RRDB currently does not fully support NXDN listings.
- You can use the Digital Frequency Search webtool to extract NXDN information from the FCC database
- The Digital Frequency Quick Import webtool can also be used.
Can it be Decoded?
- Use an actual Kenwood NEXEDGE compatible radio
- See the Can it be Decoded section of the NXDN article
Related Wiki Pages