Uniden DMA Software Support
From The RadioReference Wiki
Welcome to the Uniden DMA Software Support article. If you have many scanners, it's sometimes to your advantage to have a single software package that works with all of them, particularly if there's a way to move data between scanners within the program.
Scancat Lite Plus has been visible for awhile now. However, as documented on several occasions in the various RR forums, it's not the best choice, in most cases. This article lists software packages that support multiple Uniden scanners; all others should be stored with their respective scanner articles.
There are no Mac-native solutions for programming. See this article from Scanner Master for alternatives.
- Colors are used to indicate whether a particular package can record audio. Please see the Connecting Radios to Soundcards article for more information on connecting your scanner and soundcard.
- Items in blue have audio recording capability.
- Items in green require a specific version for audio recording.
- Items in red have no recording capability.
- ARC-XT requires the PRO version for recording. Butel software is available from Scanner Master.
- These programs use a proprietary format for their audio recording that cannot be read by a standard Windows player
- Only IDTracker III has the ability to connect with the web service
- FreeScan does not support programming racing systems on the SC230. The user guide for this software can be found here. It does not fully support DMR, MOTOTRBO or NXDN programming for the BCD325P2 or the BCD996P2. Incompatible with the HP line of scanners; this includes the HP-1, HP-2, BCD436HP, BCD536HP, SDS100 or SDS200 as their DMA structure is different. Does not fully support Location Based Scanning as it does not support programming Dangerous Crossings, Points of Interest, etc. No longer being developed
- Items in bold are compatible with the RadioReference.com Web Service with a subscription.
- See the Connecting scanners via USB article for information about making the connection between the PC and scanner.
- Scan Control has the ability to directly copy/paste data from the database into an editor without an external program such as Excel. It uses its Data Grabber(c) function. It is not compatible with the XT scanners, nor with the older scanners with the new firmware. No longer being developed
- See the Software Setup For Linux article for setting up Scan Control,ARC-XT, FreeScan and ProScan under Wine. Be sure to note the functional limitations (if any).
- The UASD is very out of date software and does not support the newer firmware versions of this radio. Its use on this radio with new firmware is not recommended.
Most Popular (by scanner model)
Mailing Lists and Forums
- Official ProScan Support Thread
- ProScan Software YouTube query
- Proscan.org (Facebook)
- Proscan Scanner Software (Facebook)
- Other Software