Trunked Radio Decoders
From The RadioReference Wiki
This page contains links and downloads for utilities that can be used to decode the data streams of various trunked systems. Many, though not all, of these applications require audio from the Discriminator output of your scanner. In addition, except Pro96com and UniTrunker, you must convert the audio from your scanner into serial data by using one of the circuits (or pre made units) shown on the Data Slicers page.
If you have questions about these utilities, please post on the Trunker/Etrunker/T4Win Decoders forum at Radioreference
These decoders support multiple trunked system types:
- UniTrunker - auto-detects and decodes Project 25 9600 baud, Motorola 3600 baud, EDACS, EDACS ESK, and MPT-1327 systems
- T4Win - development has ceased in favor of Unitrunker, above
- TrunkMon for Motorola and EDACS systems
- TrunkPCR Motorola and EDACS trunking for the Icom PCR computer-driven receivers
- Digital Speech Decoder (software package) - Decodes many voice trunking systems, including a few currently not supported on todays scanners, such as MotoTRBO
- osmo-tetra - is a in-development open source decoder using gnuradio and USRP1/2 for signal processing
Project 25 9600baud decoders
- Pro96Com User Guide (PDF)
- Description: This utility is designed to log and map 9600bps APCO-25 trunked systems only using the following models of scanners:
- GRE/Radio Shack: Pro-96, Pro-2096 (trunking stream monitoring only)
- GRE: PSR-500, PSR-600 (trunking stream monitoring or as secondary radio)
- Uniden: BC250D, BC296D, BC785D, BC796D, BCD996T, BCD396T (secondary radio only, controlled by PRO96Com)
- AOR: AR5000 (secondary radio only, controlled by PRO96Com)
- Plans for EDACS and 3600bps APCO-25 support are planned for a later release for GRE PSR-500/600 only (the Pro-96 cannot be supported due to the fact it does not output the necessary data). Of note, PRO96Com does not require a discriminator tap.
- Description: software defined radio implementation of a P25 receiver and repeater based on gnuradio and USRP
- Trunker - The original DOS based Motorola Control Channel decoder. Provides scanner control and basic talkgroup/id tracking.
- The Yahoo support group for Trunker and its variations can be found here
- MTrunker ported to Win32
- Treport - mainly displays diagnostic information for a Motorola trunking datastream
- Trunk88 - A Trunked Radio Decoder for Motorola Systems. Very similar in operation to trunker, will control most Uniden radios, will accept data slicer or SB16 compatible sound input. Program download is here. Support can be found on the TRUNK88 Yahoo group.
Description: Displays EDACS Diag Information for EDACS systems.
Description: A version of the Etrunker EDACS decoder that supports EDACS System Key (ESK) systems.
Description: The E-Trunker Utility. Decodes and Displays information from the EDACS Trunked Radio Datastream. This version is dated 07/27/2001 (See yahoo group info for Trunker shown above.)
Description:Utility for managing EDACS talkgroups in the Etrunker program. Note this is a DOS application, but is compiled to only run under Windows.
Description: Translates decimal IDs to EDACS AFS format. Select from the left frame about 1/2 of the way down
- FTrunk and PTrunk
- Trunk Snort
- TrunkView - Does NOT require a discriminator tap.
- The Yahoo mailing list for this software can be found here
- Tronquito - a Linux based MPT-1327 decoder, and supports trunktracking using Icom radios. Tronquito has also been ported to Win32, and a binary executable is included with the distribution.
- R00t's MPTTRUNKER
Description: Eric Cottrell has graciously compiled LTR, Passport and MultiNet Tracking support into a trunker like interface. This is the latest beta release RC4. Some modifications to the discriminator input are necessary to add additional filtering for using this utility. The schematic for these changes is shown here
- LTR Analyzer
- LTRLogger - Windows commandline application to output LTR data in an easily human-readable format
Winradio Trunking Decoders
- Winradio Trunking Option For Analog Motorola and MPT1327 systems
- Winradio APCO-25 Option For G305 Series receivers
Development and Source Code
Description: Holds some C++ source code of a crude port of crucial portions the Motorola Trunker program. This program served as a proof of concept for using a sound card instead of a serial port for input. Persons so inclined may wish to compile this into an executable using Visual Studio 6 or Visual Studio .NET. This example runs in console mode and displays talk group information as it is decoded from the microphone input of the soundcard.
Description: Source code for the Trunker / Etrunker decoding applications. This is the full C++ code for both applications
- Marshall Sherard, KE4ZNR, has an online talkgroup converter that can be used to convert between the various formats of talkgroups (EDACS hex, AFS, Uniden, Decimal and Motorola)
Description: DOS Type I utility to convert hex or decimal values to all Sizecode variations. And now supports converting a hex or decimal number to Uniden AFS.
Description: Conversion utility for DUMP.TRE to TREPORT.OSW [Initiate load with 'O'] "OUT2OSW /6 treport.osw"
Description: This spreadsheet for MS Excel allows you to figure various options for frequency defined systems (VHF/UHF). You can calculate a base frequency for each allowable offset, print out a full range with a given base and offset, convert a channel hex id to an 800 or 900 frequency, and define a configuration for programming a Motorola radio or system.