From The RadioReference Wiki
(Redirected from ProVoice)
ProVoice is Harris' implementation of IMBE digital modulation for radio communications. It is not APCO-25 compliant, but does use the same IMBE vocoder. AEGIS was a predecessor of ProVoice on EDACS Systems.
EDACS ProVoice systems use the MA/Com EDACS control channel.
Can This Mode Be Trunktracked?
- Apart from using an actual ProVoice radio, this mode can be copied by:
- The Uniden BCD436HP with version 1.10.02 firmware or better
- The Uniden BCD536HP with version 1.10.02 firmware or better
- The Uniden BCD325P2 with version 1.07.06 firmware or better
- The Uniden BCD996P2 with version 1.07.06 firmware or better
- Instructions for the upgrade (note: for both the 325P2 and 996P2)
- Uniden's SDS100 and SDS200 supports ProVoice upgrade (option to upgrade visible in the menu)
- DSD or DSDPlus using a discriminator-tapped scanner or Software Defined Radio (SDR). See the bottom of the DSD article for known working setups.