From The RadioReference Wiki
The Uniden SDS200 is a mobile/base scanner manufactured by Uniden America announced in Q1 of 2019 with an introductory MSRP of $749 (USD).
It is the first scanner to incorporate I/Q technology and SDR (Software Defined Radio) in a mobile/base platform. This provides superior performance scanning LSM (Linear Simulcast Modulation) systems. It uses the Uniden HomePatrol database and Uniden Sentinel Software for ease of programming. Its front panel interface and menus are functionally identical to the SDS100.
- 1 Specifications
- 2 Features
- 3 Connectivity
- 4 RR System Compatibility
- 5 Included in the Box
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
- 7 Manual
- 8 Supporting Software
- 9 Mailing Lists/Social
- Easy Scan Control using the System, Department and Channel SOFTKEY Hold buttons.
- Easy navigation to Favorite List, 1st on Menu w visual On/Off for FQK listing
- Easy navigation to System List 1st on Menu w visual On/Off for SQK listing.
- Front panel-actuated Function and Menu controls.
Programming and Interface
Most menus and buttons are identical to the SDS100.
- ZIP Services Mode: Enter your ZIP code, service type, and range. The scanner will aggregate a list of nearby radio channels to listen to.
- GPS Mode: Purchase GPS and cable to have the scanner automatically update its location to pull in nearby radio channels without having to enter a ZIP code
- Manual Entry: Create Favorite lists by manually entering the channel/system information, or import it from the RR DB preloaded on the SD Card (Complete Front Keypad Programming ability)
- Sentinel Use a PC with Uniden Sentinel Software to update scanner firmware, update RR Database, and create your own Favorite Lists, Systems, Sites, Channels, TalkGroups and RadioIDs in addition to control scanner settings and customize the LCD Screen.
- Backlit Display and Keypad.
- Backlight-on-Squelch option allows the backlight to remain on during an entire transmission.
- Direct Ethernet Connectivity for Streaming and Control
- 3.5" color LCD screen (147 user-selectable colors for text and background)
- Receive Signal Strength Indicator displayed.
- 64 character text tagging for each system, site, department, channel, talkgroup, search range, Tone-Out, and SAME group.
- Visual Independent Alert LED w/ 7 colors and 3 patterns.
- 8GB microSD card holds the entire US and Canada database of radio systems, plus leaves room for hundreds of hours of audio recording.
Included on the microSD CARD
- A copy of the RadioReference Database (HPDB)
- Uniden's Sentinel Software. which can also be found here
- Pre-Formatted with FAT 32 Filing System
- Main Folder named "TBA"
- Below TBA folder contains:
- (7)Sub-Folders: activity_log, alert, audio, discovery, favorite_list, firmware, HPDB
- (4)Loose Files:
- Configuration files: app_data.cfg, discovery.cfg1, profile.cfg
- Set-Up file: scanner.inf
- 100 Favorites Lists QKs
- 100 Systems QKs
- 100 Departments QKs
- 3 Quick Access Search Keys
- 3 front SOFTKEY buttons (functions change depending on scanner status).
- 25-512 MHz
- 758-824 MHz
- 849-869 MHz
- 894-960 MHz
- 1240-1300 MHz
- Modulation & Steps
- AM, NFM, FM, WFM, or FMB.
- 5, 6.25, 7.5, 8.33, 10, 12.5, 15, 20, 25, 50, or 100 kHz
- Adjustable Band defaults Modulation and Steps
- Analysis Mode - includes Trunked System Analysis of Signal, Quality and Activity, and EDACS/LTR LCN Finder.
- Audible Independent Alert Tone Volume – lets you set the volume level of the following tones: Key Beep, Emergency Alerts, Channel Alerts, Tone-Out hits, and Close Call Alert.
- Broadcast Screen while searching (TV and radio station frequencies, pagers, etc) with 10 custom bands.
- Channel delay adjustable in increments of 0-2,5,10,30,
- Channel Volume Offset individually per channel.
- Close Call, with Close Call Do Not Disturb, Close Call Priority (or Primary), and Close Call Temporary Store.
- Control Channel Only
- Conventional Channel Priority with Priority DND
- Custom Search - lets you program up to 10 search ranges.
- Discovery Mode - helps you find new channels on trunked systems and frequency ranges.
- Fire Tone Out alert with two-tone paging with up to 32 tone slots.
- Fire Tone Out Search - built-in frequency counter displays the received tones.
- Individual Site P25 decode Threshold, Settings: Auto, Manual, Default
- Instant Replay - Plays back up to 240 seconds of the most recent unsquelched transmissions without the added quiet time between those transmissions..
- Date/Time indication on display with time stamping for recordings.
- Recording of Audio - Captures & Stores individual transmissions until squelch closes for later playback with time stamping and some metadata via Scanner or PC
- Intermediate Frequency Exchange - changes the IF used for a selected frequency to help avoid image and other mixer-product interference on a frequency.
- Location Based Scanning
- Multi-Site Trunking - Lets you program the scanner to share a Trunked System's TGIDs across multiple Sites without having to duplicate TGIDs.
- Negative Channel dropout delay (forced resume) adjustable to -2, -5, -10 seconds.
- Number Tagging - Number tags allow you to quickly navigate to a specific Favorites List, System, and/or Channel.
- Priority Scan
- P25 One-Frequency Trunking - The scanner can follow individual talk groups on P25 single-frequency systems that use both NAC and TGIDs for squelch control and user identification.
- Quick Search
- Repeater Reverse
- Search with Scan
- Startup Configuration
- Weather Operations
- USB PC Connectivity/charge port (USB Mini-B)
- USB PC Connectivity (USB Micro)
- Direct Ethernet Connectivity for Streaming and Control
RR System Compatibility
- Analog Conventional Frequencies
- Motorola Type I
- Motorola Type II
- LTR Standard
- APCO Project 25 Standard
- Phase I FDMA
- Motorola X2-TDMA
- Phase II TDMA
- LSM systems
- Hytera XPT
- MotoTRBO Capacity + and Connect +
- DMR Tier III
- NXDN 1
- NXDN 4800 + 9600
- ProVoice 1
- APCO-25 Common Air Interface Common Air Interface
- DMR 1
- NXDN 1
- Requires, optional, Paid Upgrade w/ Registration via my.uniden.com.
- Firmware updates via MicroSD card or through USB port.
Included in the Box
- SDS200 Scanner Radio
- BNC Telescopic Whip Antenna
- 411.com Registration card
- Wall brick
- Owner’s manual printed copy w online pdf format available
- microSD Card (8GB) installed
- External Box
- Formed Cardboard packaging - molded pulp
- Various plastic bags for listed components
Frequently Asked Questions
- Radio Scanner World
- Radio Scanners
- Scanner Enthusiasts
- Radio Scanner Help and Chat
- Uniden Scanners
- Uniden Bearcat Scanners
- Uniden Bearcat Scanner Fan Club
- Uniden Bearcat Scanner Owners UK
- Uniden SDS200 Only
- Uniden SDS100 / SDS200 Radio Scanner Group
- Uniden BCD436HP / BCD536HP / SDS200 / SDS100 Scanner Owner's Group
Return to Uniden Scanners