SDS100 and SDS200 FAQ Page
From The RadioReference Wiki
NOTE: We have separate FAQs for other Uniden products;
- If you are looking for information on the x36hp series scanners, see the BCD436HP and BCD536HP Scanner FAQ. That FAQ should also be consulted for other issues with the SDS series as they share a great many things in common
- If you are looking for HomePatrol-1 or HomePatrol-2 information, see the Uniden Home Patrol FAQ
- If you are looking for other Uniden 2 tier DMA driven scanners, see the Uniden DMA FAQ
The Nuts and Bolts
- If you're a newcomer, you've probably already discovered that there's a huge amount of terms that seem unfamiliar to you. Our Glossary has lots of these terms, along with definitions. Just click on the term you wish to view.
- When looking at frequencies in our database, float your mouse over the column header, and you should get a balloon with a brief description of the terms and abbreviations that are used there.
- The biggest hurdle for many is the concept of trunking. Our Trunking Basics article will get you started, as well as this PDF file written by UPMan. Note that you will need Adobe Acrobat or a compatible reader (such as Foxit) to read it.
Relevant Resource Material
- Are there any better user manuals for the SDS100 / 200?
- Do we have any relevant wiki articles on the terminology and concepts these scanners use?
- Are there any additional resources?
- I lost my owners manual. Where can I download a replacement?
Firmware and Support
- Where can I find...
- The firmware updates for the SDS100?
- Go to the SDS100 Firmware Twiki page
- The firmware updates for the SDS200?
- Go to the SDS200 Firmware Twiki page
- The latest version of Sentinel?
- Go to the Sentinel Versions and Releases article on the Uniden TWiki
Third Party Software Support
- Butel ARC536 Software Favorites Editor and Remote Control Software is available minus Firmware Updates
- Forum Support can be found here
- ProScan Full Featured Favorites Editor and Remote Control Software is available minus Firmware Updates
- Digital Frequency Search webtool
- Digital Frequency Quick Import webtool
- Locates DMR and conventional Phase 1 data on the FCC database
- Has import tool compatible with ARC536 and Sentinel
- Digital Frequency Quick Import webtool
Reported Issues and Questions
- Questions / How do I...
- Get Started For The First Time?
- Change the Opening Screen?
- Connect to my SDS200 via WiFi?
- Replace my programming cable for the 100 / 200?
- Learn about the Global Filter Settings?
- Program a single channel DMR Frequency?
- Program a DMR Tier III system?
- Find the keypad shortcuts?
- They are listed in the manual and also in the SDS100 Keypad Shortcuts Thread
- Program a NXDN Single Frequency vs. a NXDN Conventional Channel?
- Add a Priority Channel Without Using Sentinel?
- Manually add a P25 Frequency to any list?
- Reported Issues -SDS100
- The SDS100 battery gets very hot / fails prematurely. What is wrong?
- See the SDS100 Battery Issues Thread
- Why did my SDS100 Suddenly Stop Receiving?
- See the SDS100 Stopped Receiving Thread
- How did I break my battery door clip?
- My SDS100 is not being recognized by my computer
- I have lost audio on my SDS100 even though it appears to be tracking/scanning
- My SDS100 display goes blank. How can I fix this?
- My SDS100 has stopped picking up any signals
- See the SDS100 stopped receiving Thread
- Why does my SDS100 Scan So Slowly?
- See the SDS100 Scans Very Slow Thread
- How can I find Information on the SDS100 USB / Power Cable?
- See the SDS100 USB / Power cable Thread
- I have issues with charging my SDS100
- Can I Change the Colors/Lettering on my SDS100?
- What is causing static on VHF and UHF analog frequencies?
- Reported Issues - SDS200
- I have a hum issue on my SDS200. Where can I find more information on how to fix it?
- Im getting a SD Card Access Error (SDS200). How do I resolve it?
- How Do I Set the Backlight?
- See the SDS200 Set the Backlight Thread
- Why am I seeing a RSSI Value of -1004?
- What causes the display to flicker?
- See the SDS200 Screen Flicker Thread
- How can I find relevant YouTube videos on these scanners?