BCD436HP and BCD536HP Scanner FAQ
From The RadioReference Wiki
Welcome to the BCD436HP and BCD536HP Scanner FAQ. This will cover the BCDx36HP Series 3 tier DMA scanners. Please feel free to add any commonly asked questions and answers related to these 2 scanners here. This page is devoted to firmware and software questions, along with available resources. Additional questions regarding installation, operations and modifications can be found on page 2 of this document. Uniden's Sentinel Software has its own special pages listed under Uniden Sentinel categories.
NOTE: We have separate FAQs for other Uniden products;
- If you are looking for HomePatrol-1 or HomePatrol-2 information, see the Uniden Home Patrol FAQ
- If you are looking for other Uniden 2 tier DMA driven scanners, see the Uniden DMA FAQ
- For the SDS100 and SDS200, see the SDS100 and SDS200 FAQ Page
The Nuts and Bolts
- If you're a newcomer, you've probably already discovered that there's a huge amount of terms that seem unfamiliar to you. Our Glossary has lots of these terms, along with definitions. Just click on the term you wish to view.
- When looking at frequencies in our database, float your mouse over the column header, and you should get a balloon with a brief description of the terms and abbreviations that are used there.
- The biggest hurdle for many is the concept of trunking. Our Trunking Basics article will get you started, as well as this PDF file written by UPMan. Note that you will need Adobe Acrobat or a compatible reader (such as Foxit) to read it.
- Where is the official BCD436HP Firmware page?
- Go to this page on the Uniden TWiki
- Where can I find the ProVoice or DMR upgrade for my BCD436HP?
- Go to the BCD436HP TWiki and click on the appropriate button
- Where is the official BCD536HP Firmware page?
- Go to this page on the Uniden TWiki; f/w update can only be made through the front port or by dropping f/w bin file into Firmware Folder
- Where can I find the ProVoice or DMR upgrade for my BCD536HP?
- Go to the BCD536HP TWiki and click on the appropriate button
- Where can I find information on the NXDN update for the 436 and 536?
Supporting Software & Utilities
Official Uniden Software
- Sentinel from Uniden via the Uniden BCD436HP TWIKI or the BCD536HP Firmware Update page
- BCD536HP only
- Uniden's Siren app for WiFi Connectivity iOS or Android
- RH-536HP_mkII was also Uniden published for use over Wi-Fi, Note: Never is/was intended as a finished product (for consumer use), allows limited remote control-ability through local Wi-fi, Serial or USB port or click here for direct download to begin. Audio is via a direct cable or Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Audio has to use a third party application like VLC or Proscan to directly address scanner via rtsp://192.168.1.174/au:scanner.au , use your local scanners address to receive (("192.168.1.174" is what will need to be changed) 'rtsp:// . . . /au:scanner.au' will remain the same)).
Third Party Supported Software & Utilities
- FreeScan will NOT be modified to support the BCDx36HP Series scanners, per the programmer.
- Digital Frequency Search webtool
- Digital Frequency Quick Import webtool
- Locates DMR, NXDN and conventional Phase 1 data on the FCC database
- Has import tool compatible with ARC536 and Sentinel
- Digital Frequency Quick Import webtool
- BCDx36HP Sentinel Favorites Lists Tool Prints out formatted favorite lists
- BCDx36HP WAV reader (Excel program)
- Support Thread for this software
- Scanner Remote For the Mac
- See the New free scanner software available in the apple mac app store Thread for more information
- X36 Android Scanner Control Application
- The X36 Scanner Control app for Android Thread discusses the development of this application
- ProScan BCD536HP Audio Player over network via Wi-Fi
- Related Wiki Articles
- BCDx36HP Series
- Uniden BCDx36HP Quick Keys and Number Tags
- Uniden DMA FAQ
- Uniden Scanners Systems, Sites and Groups/Departments
- Uniden Multi-Site Trunking
- Working with Scanners with Secure Digital (SD) Cards
- Easier to Read Manuals
- Uniden TWiki Links
- Other Links
- Return to
- Go to