From The RadioReference Wiki
The BCD436HP is the first scanner to incorporate the HomePatrol ease of use in a traditional handheld scanner. Simply enter your zip code, and the BCD436HP will quickly select and scan channels in your local area. It's direct sibling is the mobile/desktop BCD536HP which includes a Wi-Fi Dongle, both utilize the same Sentinel (Uniden software), and can be used interchangeably for both of the BCDx36HP Series on one PC. This is a TrunkTracker V scanner. It includes APCO's newest P25 Phase II, Motorola, EDACS, LTR Trunked Systems. Exclusive EDACS ProVoice, DMR/MOTOTRBO and NXDN can be trunked and monitored via paid upgrade. See the New Functions for the BCDx36 Scanners for a summary of some of the scanners' new functionality.
- 1 Uniden Official Pages
- 2 Specifications
- 3 Features
- 4 RR System Compatibility
- 5 Included in the Box
- 6 Images
- 7 Videos
- 8 Related Pages
Uniden Official Pages
- Complete Front Keypad Programming ability - create custom Favorites Lists either using systems from the HPDB as a starting point by Adding Channel or program your Favorites from scratch.
- Easy navigation to Favorite List, 1st on Menu w visual On/Off for FQK listing
- Easy navigation to System List 1st on Menu w visual On/Off for SQK listing.
- Easy Scan Control using the dedicated System, Department and Channel Hold buttons.
- Flexible Easy System or Channel Selection using Zip Code or GPS and Service Types - just pick the kinds of channels you want to hear and tell the BCD436HP where you are and let it do the rest.
- Flexible Scanning - scan from any combination of the main database and Favorites Lists.
- Backlit Display and Keypad.
- Backlight-on-Squelch option allows the backlight to remain on during an entire transmission.
- 192hx 160w-Pixel Dot-Matrix Display w convex display lens
- Receive Signal Strength Indicator displayed.
- Rugged construction with Rubber Side and Bottom Impact areas to improve impact resistance.
- Serial GPS input for Location Based Scanning using the Uniden BC-GPSK or other compatible GPS receiver. See the GPS Units and Connections article.
- Select/Volume/Squelch multi-control top knob.
- Side-actuated Function and Menu controls.
- 64 character text tagging for each system, site, department, channel, talkgroup, search range, Tone-Out, and SAME group.
- USB PC Connectivity (USB Mini-B)
- Visual Independent Alert LED ring, Left-knob, w/ 7 colors and 3 patterns.
- 4GB microSD card holds the entire US and Canada database of radio systems, plus leaves room for hundreds of hours of audio recording.
Included on the Micro SD Card
- A copy of the RadioReference Database (HPDB)
- Uniden's Sentinel Software. which can also be found here
- Pre-Formatted with FAT 32 Filing System
- Main Folder named "BCDx36HP"
- Below BCDx36HP folder contains:
- (7)Sub-Folders: activity_log, alert, audio, discovery, favorite_list, firmware, HPDB
- (4)Loose Files:
- Configuration files: app_data.cfg, discovery.cfg1, profile.cfg
- Set-Up file: scanner.inf
- Main Folder named "BCDx36HP"
- 100 Favorites Lists QKs
- 100 Department QKs (Groups in previous DMA)
- 3 Quick Access Search Keys
- 100 System QKs
- Included Sentinel Software makes database and firmware updates simple. Also allows you to create, edit, and manage your Favorites Lists.
- 25-512 MHz
- 758-824 MHz
- 849-869 MHz
- 894-960 MHz
- 1240-1300 MHz
Modulation & Steps
- AM, NFM, FM, WFM, or FMB.
- 5, 6.25, 7.5, 8.33, 10, 12.5, 15, 20, 25, 50, or 100 kHz
- 3 AA batteries (3.05v DC or higher) or use of USB 5V DC ≥300mA. Battery Operation provides 6-14 hours of operation.
- Built-in Battery Charger - charge the batteries in the scanner w a USB power cable (w/ the caveat the scanner is off).
- Adjustable Band defaults Modulation and Steps
- Adjustable Priority check interval and quantity.
- Analog and Digital AGC independently per System
- Analysis Modes include Trunked System Analysis of Signal, Quality and Activity, and EDACS/LTR LCN Finder.
- Battery Saver
- Broadcast Screen while searching (TV and radio station frequencies, pagers, etc) with 10 custom bands.
- Channel delay adjustable to increments of 0-2,5,10,30
- Channel Volume Offset individually per channel.
- Close Call, with Close Call Do Not Disturb, Close Call Priority (or Primary), and Close Call Temporary Store.
- Control Channel Only
- Conventional Channel Priority with Priority Do-Not-Disturb
- Custom Search - lets you program up to 10 search ranges.
- Discovery Mode help you find new channels on trunked systems and frequency ranges.
- Fire Tone Out alert with two-tone paging with up to 32 tone slots.
- Fire Tone Out Search - built-in frequency counter displays the received tones.
- Independent Audible Alert Tone Volume – lets you set the volume level of the following tones: Key Beep, Emergency Alerts, Channel Alerts, Tone-Out hits, and Close Call Alert.
- Individual Site P25 decode Threshold, Settings: Auto, Manual, Default
- Intermediate Frequency Exchange - changes the IF used for a selected frequency to help avoid image and other mixer-product interference on a frequency.
- Key Lock prevents anything being changed but Volume and ON\OFF - lets you hand the scanner to a novice user.
- Location Based Scanning
- Multi-Site Trunking - Lets you program the scanner to share a Trunked System's TGIDs across multiple Sites without having to duplicate TGIDs
- Negative Channel dropout delay (forced resume) adjustable to -2, -5, -10 seconds.
- Number Tags allows you to quickly navigate to a specific Favorites List, System, and/or Channel.
- Priority Scan
- P25 audio decode level adjustment
- P25 One-Frequency Trunking - The scanner can follow individual talk groups on P25 single-frequency systems that use both NAC and TGID’s for squelch control and user identification.
- Quick Search
- Range Control
- Recording of Audio- Captures & Stores individual transmissions until squelch closes for later playback with time stamping and some metadata via Scanner or PC.
- Date/Time indication on display with time stamping for recordings.
- Instant Replay - Plays back up to 240 seconds of the most recent unsquelched transmissions without the added quite time between those transmissions
- Repeater Reverse
- Search with Scan for Custom Searches.
- Startup Configuration
- Unit ID display capable
- Weather Operations
RR System Compatibility
- Analog Conventional Frequencies
- Motorola Type I
- Motorola Type II
- EDACS Standard (Wide)
- EDACS Standard Networked
- EDACS Narrowband (Narrow)
- EDACS Narrowband Networked
- EDACS SCAT
- EDACS ESK
- ProVoice 1
- LTR Standard
- APCO Project 25 Standard
- Phase I FDMA
- Motorola X2-TDMA
- Phase II TDMA
- DMR 2
- NXDN types: 3</sup?>
- ProVoice 1
- APCO-25 Common Air Interface Common Air Interface
- DMR 2
- NXDN 3
Note: These are all paid upgrades via my.uniden.com. Firmware version refers to the first version that enables the indicated mode. Firmware updates are performed via MicroSD card or through USB port
- Firmware 1.10.02 (or better)
- Firmware 1.11.15 (or better)
- Firmware 1.14.00 (or better)
- The NXDN upgrade is discussed in the NXDN Now Available for the 436, 536 Thread
Included in the Box
- BCD436HP Scanner Radio1
- SMA Semi-Ridged Antenna2 Uniden # BATG0469001
- SMA- BNC adapter
- 411.com Registration card
- USB to USB Mini-B programming cable
- Rotating Belt Clip.
- Belt clip Plastic Attachment with 1 screw installed
- Battery Department Cover installed
- 3 AA 2300mah Ni-Mh Batteries (plastic sealed together)
- Owner’s manual printed copy w online pdf format available
- External Box
- Formed Cardboard packaging - molded pulp
- Various plastic bags for listed components
- microSD Card (4 GB) or (8GB) installed
- First Power On
- Phase I Simulcast Test
- Edit of Intro Video showing only the radios
- LSM and Phase 2 TDMA in action
- Excellent audio quality of P25 Cleveland Police
Frequently Asked Questions and Related Pages
Message Boards / Forums
- Uniden BCD436HP / BCD536HP / SDS200 / SDS100 Scanner Owner's Group
- Radio Scanner World
- Radio Scanners
- Scanner Enthusiasts
- Radio Scanner Help and Chat
- Uniden Scanners
- Uniden Bearcat Scanners
- Uniden Bearcat Scanner Fan Club
- Uniden Bearcat Scanner Owners UK
- Message Board
Return to Uniden Scanners