From The RadioReference Wiki
The BCD996 Family is Uniden's line of mobile scanners with Dynamic Memory Architecture. All are capable of decoding APCO Project 25 digital audio.
|Site (per system)||256||256||256|
|Channels (talkgroups) per system||250||500||500|
|Channels (frequencies) per system||1000||1000||1000|
|Groups per System||20||20||20|
|Talkgroups per trunked system||250||500|
|Scan Rate (channels/second)||100||100|
|Search Rate (5-kHz steps/second)||300||300|
|System Quick Keys||0-99||0-99|
|Group Quick Keys||0-9||0-9||0-9|
|Custom Search Ranges||10||10||10|
|Preprogrammed Service Search Bands||13||12||12|
|System Number Tags||N/A||0-999||0-999|
|Channel Number Tags||N/A||0-999||0-999|
- 25.0000 - 512.0000 MHz
- 758.0000 - 823.9875 MHz
- 849.0125 - 868.9875 MHz
- 894.0125 - 960.0000 MHz
- 1240.0000 - 1300.0000 MHz
- NFM: ~7.5 kHz deviation
- FM: ~15 kHz deviation
- FMB: ~75 kHz deviation
- WFM: >100 kHz deviation
- Power requirements: AC Adapter (13.8V DC 750mA Regulated) (AD-1009 or equivalent).
- DC:11V to 16.6V(Ext.DC Power Jack or DC Power Jack)
- Power plug: 5.5mm outer diameter, 2.1mm inner diameter; Radio Shack size code "M"
Bold features are newly added in this model over the BCD996T.
- Can be updated to support Rebanding? YES
- This scanner supports rebanding with firmware already installed. See the Updating the Firmware in Uniden DMA Scanners article for the firmware link
- APCO25 Digital Audio decoding
- NAC decoding
- Support for P25 Conventional channels that include NAC and TGID user differentiation (P25 One-Frequency Trunk)
- Adaptive Digital Threshold - Automatically sets the digital decode threshold for APCO 25 systems
- TrunkTracker IV with Motorola Control Channel Only trunking and I-Call monitoring
- Multi-Site support
- NEW Display the Unit IDs (UID) found on trunk systems. Firmware 1.04.00 or newer is required. See the firmware link below for more information
- EDACS ESK support
- Multi-color display backlight
- System / Channel Number Tagging - provides rapid access to a specific system or channel.
- Control Channel Data Output – allows the analysis of control channel data without the need to perform invasive modifications to the scanner Now supported in UniTrunker version 220.127.116.11 or newer.
- Uniden Close Call, with Close Call Do Not Disturb, Close Call Priority (or Primary), and Close Call Temporary Store.
- GPS Support for location-based scanning, location alerts, and crows-flight navigation
- Independent GPS Control of Sites and Channel Groups (vs. Systems and Sites)
- 100 Quick Keys
- Supported step sizes: 5, 6.25, 7.5, 8.33, 10, 12.5,15, 20, 25, 50 or 100 kHz
- Adjustable Band defaults
- Individual channel volume offset
- Intermediate Frequency Exchange - changes the IF used for a selected frequency to help avoid image and other mixer-product interference on a frequency.
- Key Safe Mode - lets you hand the scanner to a novice user and prevent programming from being modified.
- Private Systems - lets you flag a system so that it cannot be read out of the scanner or modified.
- Band Scope - gives a graphic representation of signal activity.
- Negative Channel dropout delay (forced resume) adjustable to 0-2,5,10,30, -2, -5, -10 seconds
- DCS/CTCSS Rapid Decode
- Temporary System, Site, Group, Channel, and Location Lockout
- 500 (250 Temporary + 250 Permanent) Search Lockouts
- Startup Configuration
- Frequency/ID AutoStore - automatically store frequencies from a service or limit search into a conventional system or store talk group IDs into a trunked system
- 16 character text tagging for each system, site, group, channel, talkgroup, search range, location, Tone-out, and SAME group
- Compatible with BC-RH96 Remote Head
- Analog and Digital AGC
- Ability to flag a channel as Digital, Analog, or All
- Quick Search
- Search with Scan for Service and Custom Searches with assigned Quick Keys
- 12 Service Searches - Public Safety, News, HAM Radio, Marine, Railroad, Air, CB Radio, FRS/GMRS, Racing, FM Broadcast, Military Air, and Special (Itinerant)
- Custom Search — lets you program up to 10 search ranges
- 3 (vs. 6) Quick-Access Search Keys
- Fire Tone Out alert
- Also see the Fire Tone Out article
- Fire Tone Out Search - built-in frequency counter displays the received tones.
- Channel Alert
- Independent Alert Tone Volume – lets you set the volume level of the following tones: Key Beep, Emergency Alert, Channel Alert, and Close Call Alert.
- Weather Alert Priority
- SAME Weather Alert
- Duplicate Channel Alert
- Priority Scan with Priority Plus
- Also see the Priority Scan article
- Adjustable Priority check interval
- Priority ID Scan on trunked systems
- Preemptive Priority on Motorola analog systems
- Signal Strength display
- LCD and Keypad Backlight
- Reversible Display - Lets you reverse the display to mount unit upside down (and hear the speaker from the top)
- Adjustable Hold (scan duration 0-255 sec) per system, custom or service search
- Strong signal attenuation
- Upgradeable firmware
- Repeater Reverse
- Broadcast signal ignore while searching (TV and radio station frequencies, pagers, etc) with 10 custom bands
- PC Programming and Control
- Record Out - you can connect an output jack to a VOX controlled recorder or PC sound input to record the received audio.
- Wired Cloning (Will only Clone to another BCD996XT)
- DIN-E and ISO Vehicle Mountable sleeve included
- Antenna Connector: BNC
RR System Compatibility
This scanner is compatible with the following Trunking System Types and System Voices used in the RadioReference Database, of course you must verify that the scanner will cover the appropriate frequency range:
- System Types:
- Motorola Type I
- Motorola Type II
- Motorola Type IIi Hybrid
- Motorola Type II Smartnet
- Motorola Type II SmartZone
- Motorola Type II SmartZone OmniLink
- Motorola Type II VOC
- EDACS Standard (Wide)
- EDACS Standard Networked
- EDACS Narrowband
- EDACS Narrowband Networked
- EDACS SCAT
- EDACS ESK (not ProVoice)
- LTR Standard
- Project 25 Standard
- System Voices:
- Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface
- APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive
Return to Uniden Scanners