Radio Control Software
From The RadioReference Wiki
Revision as of 09:16, 19 February 2010 by Ka3jjz
Radio control software organized by receiver manufacturer. Links to locations where data files for some of these applications may be found in our Programming Files article. For non-Windows environments, please see out Scanner/Receiver Software for Non Windows OS article.
As newer PCs don't have serial ports, connections must be made between the scanner and the PC through USB. This can present some difficulties in understanding how to configure the connection correctly. Please see our Connecting scanners via USB article for more information.
- ARC300 software for PRO163 / PRO164 / PSR300 / PSR400 / PRO-97 / PRO-2055 Note that 97/2055 support is valid from version 1.05
- ID Tracker II / III PRO-106 / PRO-197
- Load83 is a freeware program available from the PRO-83 Yahoo Group
- Pro96Com - Closed-source software for the MS-Windows platform. Freely-available, but not public domain. Decodes the 9600-baud APCO-P25 control channel information from the Pro-96/Pro-2096/PSR-500/PSR-600/Pro-106. Available from the PSREdit web site.
- ProLink - Open-source, GPLed software for MS-Windows. Supports Pro-64, Pro-76, Pro-79, Pro-82, Pro-89, Pro-2016, Pro-2017, and Pro-2041.
- WinXX series from Don Starr's Starrsoft.com. Closed-source, commercial software for MS-Windows.
- DOS packages
- Windows packages
- bcTool is designed to be a simple, easy to use and above all free application to help you program, control and log your Uniden Bearcat Dynamic Memory Scanner.
- BlackBagSoftware.com. Commercial, MS-Windows software. Some source code available.
- BuTel Software's Advanced Radio Control. Closed-source, commercial MS-Windows software. Demo versions are available.
- ARC-EazyStream for Uniden BC780/BC785/BC796/BC246T/BCD396T/BR330T BCD996T/BCT15/UBC785 UBC3500/SC230/USC230
- ARC8 for the BCT8
- ARC15 Lite,Basic & Pro for the BCT15
- ARC200 for the SC200
- ARC246 for the BC246T
- ARC250 Basic & Pro for the BC250D/BC785D/BC296D/BC796D
- ARC250-Euro Basic & Pro for the UBC3300
- ARC396 Basic & Pro, Clone396 for the BCD396T
- ARC780 for the BC780XLT/UBC780
- ARC898 for the BC898T
- ARC996 Basic & Pro for the BCD996T
- ARC-Sport, Clone230 for the SC230
- ARC-Sport LiTe, Clone230 for the SC230
- ARC330 Basic & Pro Clone330 for the BR330T
- 'Scanner Over IP' software for BC785/BC796
- ControlFreq Jr. Closed-source, MS-Windows software available at no cost that controls the BC245XLT and BC780XLT.
- Strong Signals Review
- ID Tracker. Open-source, GPLed, MS-Windows software (freeware) that supports a number of radios
- ID Tracker II. Open-source, GPLed, MS-Windows software (freeware) that supports:
- ID Tracker III. MS-Windows software (freeware) that supports:
- ProScan. Software for the BCD396XT, BC346XT, BCD996T, BCD396T, BCT15, BR330T, BC796D, BC785D, BC780XLT, BC296D, and the BC250D Scanners. Remote Control Scanner Over IP, Audio Recorder, Database, Logging, RR Import (with the premium subscription), Band Scope, Control Channel Monitoring and More!
- ScanControl from 3D Technologies. Closed-source, commercial MS-Windows software that supports a number of radios: BC245XLT, BC250D, BC296D, BC780XLT, BC785D, BC796D, BC895XLT, BC898T, BCT8, BC246T, BCD396T, BR330T, SC230, BCT15, and BCD996T. Version 7.0 adds support for the PSR-500, PSR-600, Pro-106, and Pro-197.
- Scannerbase Advanced Virtual Control. Closed-source, MS-Windows software available at no charge.
- Signal Intelligence provides closed-source, commercial, MS-Windows software for a variety of radios.
- Uniden Advanced Scanner Director - Closed-source, commercial, MS-Windows software. Some versions included with the radio, others available from Uniden. Some demos available. For various Uniden radios including the SC230, BC246T, BR330T, and BCD396T.
- UnidenCommander - Easy to use radio control software for BC785 and BC780XLT. Runs on Windows, closed-source.
- Winscan 780 - Pozilla Software's closed-source, commercial. MS-Windows software for the BC780XLT. No longer available from Scanner Master, but maybe on the various 780 Yahoo group(s)
- FTBVR5K Support for the Yaesu/Vertex VR-5000
- Probe supports the Optocom, Optoscan 456/535 and Optoscan Lite
- The Yahoo support forum can be found here
- Pro-Turbo Supports the HB/CE-232controler and the Pro-2004,2005,2006 scanners.
- Scancat-Lite-Plus from Computer Aided Technologies. Closed-source, commercial MS-Windows software that supports a number of radios: BC245XLT, BC246T, BC250D, BC296D, BC780XLT, BC785D, BC796D, BC895XLT, BC898T, BCD396T, BCT8, SC230. In addition, numerous Radio Shack scanners (not the PRO92/2067) are supported.
- SysLabs RadioControl A modular 32-bit Windows user interface compliant application for controlling multiple radio receivers and amateur radio transceivers simultaneously. Beside direct control, it also features frequency and memory management and various scan options. The functionality can be extended by plug-ins (external modules). The software is available in 3 different editions (Lite, Standard and Professional).
- Supported radio brands: AOR, Icom, Kenwood, Microtelecom (PERSEUS), Rohde & Schwarz, WiNRADiO, Yaesu (Concrete list of supported radios)
- Reviews of various magazines and Trial Edition Download
- DXTreme Software for both hams and other applications