Category:Alberta Trunking Information
Welcome to the "Category:Alberta Trunking Information" category. This category:
- Lists all the articles that contain information about new or unknown trunked radio systems in Alberta, or research on trunked radio systems in Alberta (such as identifying talkgroups or users), that is not yet ready to be posted to the database, as submitted by the members.
In general, data in any Wiki article:
- might not be accurate. Members are encouraged to validate and edit the articles.
- should be used to supplement the data in our Frequency Database.
This category should be applied to articles that contain information about new or unknown trunked radio systems in Alberta, or research on trunked radio systems in Alberta (such as identifying talkgroups or users), that is not yet ready to be posted to the database.
An easy way to determine whether the data you have belongs here is to answer 4 simple questions;
- Is the information critical to someone being able to trunk track this system? -or-
- Does this information have to do with undocumented talkgroups? -or-
- Is it news about a new system about to be constructed or put on the air?
- Does it explain some technical aspect of a current system, such as where the transmit sites are or what their geographic coverage is?
If the answer to the first question is yes, and it has to do with custom programming or tables (beyond those needed for Rebanding), then please apply the Category:Regional Programming to the article.
If the answer to any of the 3 other questions is yes, then please apply this category to the article. This specifically excludes Radio IDs (RIDs) or Unit IDs (UIDs). The Category:Alberta RID/UIDs is specifically reserved for that data.
To Alberta articles that list Talkgroups with unidentified or unknown purposes, please apply the Category:Alberta Unknown Talkgroups, so that they are very easy to find later. It is listed below as an additional sub category (if available). When a talkgroup's purpose is positively identified, it should be submitted for inclusion in the database. The Wiki Extensions can be used to bring the talkgroup section data into the article if it's still needed. Note that news items should not be submitted to the database.
Please add this category to any article that lists information on trunked radio systems in Alberta.
To CATEGORIZE an article into this category, please add the following as the last line in the article:
[[Category:Alberta Trunking Information]]
Please do NOT edit this page unless you intend to change the Description of this Category. Thank you.
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Alberta Trunking Information"
The following 36 pages are in this category, out of 36 total.