EMS / Ambulance / Medical Helicopters / IDPH (IL)
From The RadioReference Wiki
- 1 Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH)
- 2 Illinois IDPH EMS Regions and Systems
- 3 Air Helos/Med-Evac
- 4 EMS Agencies (Area-Wide)
- 5 Related Links
Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH)
- IDPH EMS Call Signs
- KB61079 8 high power units on 155.16, 25 high power units on all other VHF
- Powerpoint on Public Health/Hospital Radios
- Illinois Public Health Mutual Aid System (IPHMAS)
IDPH I-REACH/VHF Interoperability Radios:
- XTL-5000 (mobile), HT-1250 (portable), MTR-2000 (Base Station)
In base radio, 110wt VHF, with up to 16 channels:
- 1) 155.2800 141.3 PL - Statewide Hospital Disaster Coordination
- 2) 155.3400 210.7 PL - Statewide MERCI Tone
- 3) 155.3400, 155.4000, 155.1600, 155.2200 (with Local Tone)
Illinois IDPH EMS Regions and Systems
Region 1 - Rockford
Winnebago County has the regional medical centers for region-1, all 3 Level 1 trauma centers are in Rockford.
Region 2 - Regionwide
Eastern Illinois EMS System"
OSF St Francis EMS System (Peoria)
Region 2 TICP (Tactical Interoperable Communications Plan) VHF Radio Channel Frequency Description MERCI 155.34 Ambulance to Hospital Communications MERCI 2 155.28 Designated for hospital to hospital communications IREACH 155.055 Designated for communications among Illinois Public Safety agencies when no other direct means of communication is available. STARCOM 21 Radio Channel Zone Description EMS B For communicating amongst all RHCC Hospitals EMS R2 B For communicating amongst all Hospitals in Region 2 Hospital MERCI (PL/CTCSS Tones) 1 Advocate BroMenn Medical Center 94.8 13 OSF Saint Francis Medical Center 167.9 2 Advocate Eureka Hospital 141.3 14 OSF Saint James Medical Center 118.8 3 Galesburg Cottage Hospital 107.2 15 OSF Saint Joseph Medical Center 210.7 4 Genesis Medical Center, Aledo 225.7 16 OSF Saint Luke Medical Center 136.5 5 Genesis Medical Center, Illini 110.9 17 OSF Saint Mary Medical Center 107.2 6 Graham Hospital 173.8 18 OSF Saint Paul Medical Center 146.2 7 Hammond Henry Hospital 229.1 19 Pekin Memorial Hospital 97.4 8 Hopedale Medical Complex 85.4 20 Perry memorial Hospital 179.9 9 Illinois Valley Community Hospital 162.2 21 St. Margaret’s Hospital 162.2 10 McDonough District Hospital 100.0 22 Unity Point Health, Methodist 82.5 11 OSF Holy Family Medical Center 71.9 23 Unity Point Health, Proctor 230.0 12 OSF Saint Elizabeth Medical Center 97.4 24 Unity Point Health, Trinity 179.9
Southern Illinois Trauma Center
- The area served by the new Southern Illinois Trauma Center is designated by IDPH Region III and includes 18 counties -- Adams, Brown, Calhoun, Cass, Christian, Greene, Hancock, Jersey, Logan, Macoupin, Mason, Menard, Montgomery, Morgan, Pike, Sangamon, Schuyler and Scott. There are two other Level II hospitals in the region -- Blessing Hospital in Quincy and Passavant Area Hospital in Jacksonville. They, along with Memorial and St. John's and Jersey Medical Community Hospital in Jerseyville, are the resource hospitals for Emergency Medical Systems (EMS).
- Madison, St. Clair, Bond, Clinton, Monroe, Randolph and Washington.
Southwestern Illinois EMS System
- System Policy Manual PDF
- Belleville Memorial - Pod Hospital (Net Control KWF792) Touchette Regional-Centreville, Kenneth Hall-East St. Louis, St. Elizabeths-Belleville, St.Josephs-Breese, SAFB Medical Center, Red Bud Memorial Regional, Sparta Community, Anderson-Maryville, Alton Memorial, Gateway Regional-Granite City, St. Anthony's-Alton, St. Josephs-Highland, Utlat-Greenville, Thomas Boyd Memorial-Carrollton, Community Memorial-Staunton, Fayette County-Vandalia Region 4 info provided by Loyola University Health System
North Egypt EMS System
- St. Mary's Good Samaritan in Mt. Vernon
- Established in 1979 and serves Jefferson, Marion, Franklin,Washington, Perry, and Saline County.
Region 8 - Du Page (southern)
- A busy, state-defined EMS region west of downtown Chicago. Good Samaritan in Downers Grove
Loyola EMS System
- McHenry, Kane, part of Lake, part Kendall, northern DuPage Counties
- Christ Hospital McHenry and southern Lake county are assigned MED channels as follows: PRIMARY: 7 TERTIARY: 6 SECONDARY: 5 ITINERANT OR COMMON: 8
Region 11 - Chicago
- All Chicago Hospitals are on a repeater. Telemetry hospitals are divided into 3 sections. North, Central, South. The North PL's are all 156.7, Central PL's 146.2, South PL's 173.8. In each region, all operations are run by Resource Hospitals Associate Hospitals function underneath Resource Hospitals. Multi-Victim incidents, EMS Plans are to be called into Resource Hospitals, while most other runs can be called into Associate Hospitals. We do have assigned Hospitals we are supposed to call, but we don't follow that always for various reasons. Med 8 is not repeatered on any systems.
- FYI... It is NOT necessary to monitor the input frequency of any MED frequency, they are all on Repeaters
- CFD Ops Channel 8 (476.2875 simplex, 69.3 PL) is used for Helicopter EMS landing zone coordination ops.
St. Louis Area Hospitals
- For a more complete list of St Louis hospitals, see St Louis City and County
- 155.34000 BM 114.8 PL HEAR 114.8 Barnes-Jewish: Ambulance-to-Hospital Comms (to ARCH, etc) FMN Hospital
- 155.34000 BM 114.8 PL HEAR 114.8 Missouri Baptist (St. Louis) FMN Hospital
Air Evac Lifeteam
- See also Air Evac Nationwide WikiPage
- Serves Central and Southern Illinois (& surrounding states)
- Communications may be heard hundreds of miles away
- AirEvac - Communications Center
- Air Methods Website
- WQWX343 - 461.5250 Repeater, 468.8750 Mobile (11K at Bradley-Kankakee), used by Lifestar Chicago (Joliet)
ARCH Air Medical Services
- Operated by Air Methods
- ARCH Wiki Page
- Rescue 1, Based at HSHS St Josephs Hospital, Highland IL
- Operated by Air Methods; Webpage
- Facebook page
Superior Air Med
- In addition to STARCOM21 talkgroup 36531, they have been heard testing talkgroups 36532-36535. They also utilize Outerlink Global Solutions' satellite-based service IRIS, which includes Push-To-Talk VoIP radio.
University of Chicago Aeromedical Network (UCAN)
- UCAN Base (129.475) has been heard acting as the Chicago-area base for aeromed helos from outside the Chicago area, including SAMARITAN (Parkview Health) and LUTHERAN AIR (Lutheran Health Network), both based in Northern Indiana.
- Reference to channel "TAC 3" has been heard on 464.800 (a different frequency than 464.800). Possibly 129.475? A different frequency?
- MedEx Ambulance provides ground transport services for UCAN.
- UCAN's aviation services are provided by Air Methods.
EMS Agencies (Area-Wide)
- Provides service in New Lenox IL (formerly Kurtz Ambulance)
- Provides paramedics for Streator Fire (as of 7/22)
AMR Abbott Ambulance
- Serves Metro East St Louis (IL) - Madison and St Clair Counties and St Louis City/County
- Primary Service to Franklin County IL. Transfer/Backup service to Effingham/Coles
- 8/15/22 - To replace DAS for Decatur/Macon County Link
- Decatur City Code for Ambulance Service LINK
- See the Abbott Page in Missouri (coming soon)
- Bases in Effingham, Mt Vernon, Centralia, Arcola, Caseyville
- Mostly providing IFT (Inter-Facility Transfers)
- Serving SouthWest Illinois - Randolph, Clinton, St Clair and Madison Counties
- See the wiki page MedStar_EMS_(IL)
- Fayette County Facebook Page
- Bond County Facebook Page
- Effingham County Facebook Page
- Serving Fayette, Bond, Effingham Counties (along I-70) See the IL EMS Wiki for more into
- Rural Med Communications center in located at the main Headquarters in St Elmo (training, conference, billing, living quarters and break room) Dispatch Center
- Mutual-aid agreements include Abbott EMS, Lakeside EMS, Jasper County Ambulance Service, Farina Ambulance Service, Stewardson and Pocahontas.
- Opened July 25, 2016 with 1 unit, they now own-operate 12 ambulances that provide 911 services and interfacilty transport through out central and south central Illinois. We began providing 911 coverage in Fayette County in 2017, Bond County in January 2021 and Effingham County May 2022. We have locations in Greenville, Vandalia, St Elmo, Effingham and Dieterich and MORE to come in the near future!
- Jan 2021 - Took over the Bond County Special Services District) for all of Bond County that area covered by the Pocahontas-Old Ripley Fire Protection District
- May 2022 - Took over 911 contract for Effingham County
5 123 01 Chevy Van unit (RMED-??) 5 123 06 Ford unit (RMED-??)
- Rural Med 1 - Van Ambulance "Blue"
- Rural Med 2 - Mercedes white Van "The Twins" plate 5 123 02
- Rural Med 3 - Mercedes white Van "The Twins" (soon to be 2022? White/Black strip Box Ambulance RMED-3)
- Rural Med 4 - Chevy Box Ambulance (backup during maintenance/repair) "RMED-4 plate 5 137 04 unit 834
- Rural Med 5 - Dodge Ram 2500 Van (backup in Fayette/Bond Counties area) "RMED-5" plate 5 123 05
- Rural Med 6 - Chevy? Box Ambulance (Fayette County area) "The Triplets" (white) "RMED-6"
- Rural Med 7 - Chevy? Box Ambulance (Fayette County area) "The Triplets" (white) "RMED-7" plate 5 123 07
- Rural Med 8 - Chevy? Box Ambulance (Fayette County area) "The Triplets" "RMED-8" plate 5 123 08 (white)
- Rural Med 9 - Chevy Duramax 4500 Ambulance (Bond County) "RMED-9" (white/red) 4-B-25 (former Bond County EMS)
- Rural Med 10 - Ford E-450 Box Ambulance (Bond County) "RMED 10" 4-B-10
- Rural Med 11 - Ambulance (Bond County) "RMED 11" 4-B-11 (former Bond County EMS)
- Rural Med 12 - Chevy Box Ambulance (Effingham County area) "RMED-12" unit 2852
- Rural Med 13 - Chevy Box Ambulance (Effingham County area) "RMED-13" unit 2853
- Rural Med 14 - Chevy Box Ambulance (Effingham County area) "RMED-14" unit 2854
- Summer 2022 - Effingham County starts with 2 ALS trucks in Effingham and one in Dieterich
- EMS Regions - IDPH EMS Regions Map by County & Call Sign prefix (OLD)
- Hospital PL Tone List - from MABASradio.org (Link updated 6/13)
- IDPH Terms Section 215 of ILCS - EMS Adminstrative Code
- ILEMS - Illinois Emergency Medical Services
- Peoria EMS - Peoria Area EMS System
- IL-IDPH -- Callsigns list