This is the RadioReference.com Open Reference Source. Please feel free to share your knowledge by contributing information to this wiki! We currently have 10,135 articles on this wiki.
If you are new to Wikis, please see the following:
Forum Specific Topics
- Aircraft - Listen to aircraft; from your local towers to aircraft in flight around the world.
- Antennas - The most important part of your station.
- Federal - One of the most popular - and hard to document - areas to monitor
- HF- Hearing broadcasts from around the world; receiver reviews, antennas and more
- Milcom - Lots of information on monitoring the military
- Shack Photos
- Software - Logging, Recording, and control applications
- Severe Weather/Storm Chasing
- DXing Above 30 Mhz
- SATCOM - Military, Amateur satellites - along with hearing - and maybe working - the International Space Station
- Online Radios Online Scanners, Receivers and Amateur radio sites on the net
- Manufacturers/Distributors Scanner and Receiver Manufacturers/Distributors
- Trunking Numerous links to articles on the basics, FAQs, system types and terminology are stored here
- Trunked Radio Decoders DOS and Windows utilities for examining the data streams used in Control Channels of trunked radio systems
- Radios on eBay - Find a used or new scanner or receiver on eBay
Location Specific Info
Frequency and other pages built by our members
- Related information
- Scanner Laws If you have questions about the legal aspects of scanning, this site is the one to check first.
- RR Wiki Extensions - are a set of custom tags that can be used on the Wiki.
Antennas and Accessories
Anything from mounts, stands, battery packs and more
RR Admin and Special Services
- ACARS - Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System; hints and software.
- ALE - also known as MIL-STD 188-141A, it's in heavy use by the military and diplomatic services and even hams
- Amateur Radio Gear - Often now has widebanded receive sections; useful as a backup scanner in some places
- Common Frequencies in use across the US and Canada can be found here.
- DMA Radios Hints and Kinks - Hints and fixes for the new Uniden DMA Radios
- Modifications - Always a popular topic; add functions to your scanner or receiver
- Natural Events and Disasters - Topics on monitoring public safety and other communications during natural disasters and other natural events. (Skip and Tropo NOT included.)
- Personal Radio Services - GMRS, FRS, etc.
- Police/Fire/EMS Apparatus Photos and Info - a location to post pictures and information regarding vehicles etc.
- Programming Shortcuts - Helpful tips and shortcuts for programming your scanner
- Propagation - Radio and TV signals can travel further than just line of sight. To understand how, take a look here
- Rebanding A detailed article on the reallocation of services within the 800 Mhz spectrum. It will have a major effect on all trunktracking scanners.
- RR Glossary - An index of terminology often used on RR
- Sports Frequencies
- SWL Broadcast You want to hear what other overseas broadcasters say about us? Start here
- Utility Monitoring There's lots more on HF besides hams, CB and broadcasters