Radio Control Software
From The RadioReference Wiki
Radio control software organized by receiver manufacturer.
Radio Shack / GRE
- Load83 is a freeware program available from the PRO-83 Yahoo Group
- Pro96Com - Closed-source software for the MS-Windows platform. Freely-available, but not public domain. Decodes the 9600-baud APCO-P25 control channel information from the Pro-96 and Pro-2096.
- ProLink - Open-source, GPLed software for MS-Windows. Supports Pro-64, Pro-76, Pro-79, Pro-82, Pro-89, Pro-2016, Pro-2017, and Pro-2041.
- WinXX series from Don Starr's Starrsoft.com. Closed-source, commercial software for MS-Windows. Starrsoft distributes some of the packages at no charge but it is not public domain.
- DOS packages
- Linux or tck/tl packages
- BC246 Control and Programming Tool
- BCD396T Manager
- 780xlt-display. Open-source, Tcl/Tk software primarily designed for UNIX/Linux using X11.
- Other OS
- Con780. Closed-source software for Mac System 7.5 and higher (MacOS X support not stated). For the BC780XLT. Available at no cost.
- Windows packages
- Bensware - closed-source, commercial, MS-Windows software. Demo versions are available.
- BlackBagSoftware.com. Commercial, MS-Windows software. Some source code available.
- BuTel Software's Advanced Radio Control. Closed-source, commercial MS-Windows software. Demo versions are available.
- ARC-EasyStream for Uniden BC780/BC785/BC796/BC246T/BCD396T/BR330T/BCD996T/BCT15/UBC785/UBC3500/SC230/USC230
- ARC8 for the BCT8
- ARC15 Basic & Pro for the BCT15
- ARC200 for the SC200
- ARC246 for the BC246T
- ARC250 Basic & Pro for the BC250D/BC785D/BC296D/BC796D
- ARC250-Euro Basic & Pro for the UBC3300
- ARC396 Basic & Pro, Clone396 for the BCD396T
- ARC780 for the BC780XLT/UBC780
- ControlFreq Jr. Closed-source, MS-Windows software available at no cost that controls the BC245XLT and BC780XLT.
- Strong Signals Review
- IDTracker. Open-source, GPLed, MS-Windows software that supports a number of radios: BC245XLT, BC250D/UBC3300, BC296D, BC780XLT, BC785D, BC796D, BC895XLT, BC898T, BCT8 and the Pro-2052.
- NOTE: Limited support for the Pro-2052.
- Strong Signals Review of version 1.4
- ProScan. Closed-source, commercial, MS-Windows software that supports the BC780XLT and BC796D. Demo available at no cost.
- The ProScan support forum can be found here
- ScanControl from 3D Technologies. Closed-source, commercial MS-Windows software that supports a number of radios: BC245XLT, BC250D, BC296D, BC780XLT, BC785D, BC796D, BC895XLT, BC898T, BCT8 and the Pro-2052. Now also supports BC246T, BCD396T, BR330T and SC230
- Scannerbase Advanced Virtual Control. Closed-source, MS-Windows software available at no charge.
- Signal Intelligence provides closed-source, commercial, MS-Windows software for a variety of radios.
- Uniden Advanced Scanner Director - Closed-source, commercial, MS-Windows software. Some versions included with the radio, others available from Uniden. Some demos available. For various Uniden radios including the SC230, BC246T, BR330T, and BCD396T.
- Winscan 780 - Pozilla Software's closed-source, commercial. MS-Windows software for the BC780XLT.
- FTBVR5K Support for the Yaesu/Vertex VR-5000
- Frequency Manager Supports Yaesu/Vertex VR5000, receivers by TenTec, AOR, Japan Radio Corporation (NRD series), Drake and others, numerous ham transceivers by Kenwood, Icom, Yaesu
- Probe supports the Optocom, Optoscan 456/535 and Optoscan Lite
- The Yahoo support forum can be found here
- RadioControl Modular 32-bit Windows user interface compliant application for controlling multiple receivers and amateur radio transceivers simultaneously. Beside direct control, it also features frequency and memory management and various scan options. The functionality can be extended by plug-ins (external modules). Supported radios range from AOR (like AR-5000, AR-8200), Icom (like IC-R7100, IC-R8500, IC-PCR1000) to WiNRADiO.
- Scancat-Lite-Plus from Computer Aided Technologies. Closed-source, commercial MS-Windows software that supports a number of radios: BC245XLT, BC246T, BC250D, BC296D, BC780XLT, BC785D, BC796D, BC895XLT, BC898T, BCD396T, BCT8, SC230. In addition, numerous Radio Shack scanners (not the PRO92/2067) are supported.
- Bob Parnass' open-source, multi-platform, GPLed software for a variety of radios:
- tk2 for the IC-R2
- tk3 for the IC-R3
- tk5 for the IC-R5
- tk10 for the IC-R10
- tk75 for the IC-R75
- tk8500 for the IC-R8500
- tk545 for the JRC NRD-545
- CBT, Inc- Commercial programming software for Alinco radios.
- CI_V Commander CI_V Commander interfaces with numerous transcievers from Icom, Yaesu, Kenwood, Alinco, TenTec, Elecraft and the FlexRadio SDR-1000
- G4HFQ's closed-source, commercial software for the MS-Windows platform that controls a variety of Yaesu radios. Demo available.
- FTBCat - Rig Control for the Yaesu FT-100/D, FT-817/ND, FT-847, FT-857/D, FT-897/D, FT-920, FT-1000MP Mark V transceivers and VR-5000 and FRG-100 receivers. Comments on EHam about FTBasic.
- FTBasicMMO - A memory management only program for Yaesu FT-817, FT-817ND, FT-847, FT-857, FT-857D, FT-897 and FT-897D transceivers.
- Comments on EHam about FTBasicMMO
- FTBasic Yahoo Group
- Ham Radio Deluxe - Ham Radio Deluxe (HRD) is a suite of free Windows programs providing CAT control for commonly used transceivers and receivers. HRD also includes mapping and PSK31 software. Supports most Icom, Kenwood, Ten-Tec, Yaesu, and Elecraft Receivers and Transcievers. Great for both Ham operators and SWL listeners.
- KC8UNJ- Free programming software for many Yaesu handhelds, including the VX-2, VX-5, VX-6, VX-7, VR-120, FT-60 as well as the Icom R-2.
- RT Systems- Commercial programming software for several brands of ham radios, including Yaesu, Icom, Alinco, and ADI.
- Comments on EHam about RT Systems products can be found here
- RadioControl Modular 32-bit Windows user interface compliant application for controlling multiple receivers and amateur radio transceivers simultaneously. Beside direct control, it also features frequency and memory management and various scan options. The functionality can be extended by plug-ins (external modules). Wide range of supported radios including Icom (like IC-706 series, IC-746 series, IC-756 series), Yaesu (FT-736R), Kenwood (TH-F6A, TH-F7E).
- tk7 Bob Parnass' open-source, GPLed, multi-platform software for the Icom Q7A/E