Object Oriented Scanners Issues
From The RadioReference Wiki
What Scanners Does this Article Discuss?
The following scanners are covered in this article
|GRE Model||Older RS Model||Newest RS Model||Whistler Model|
- Trunking w/ Analog Voice Only scanners, others shown in table can handle up-to Digital P25 Phase I
- Released around the time the PSR-800 was, but lacking additional/advanced features SEE #5.
- Project 25(P25) Phase I and II decoding.
- Capable of DMR decoding, with a free Upgrade to the latest Firmware via Whistler's EZ-Scan software.
- Capable of NXDN decoding, with a free Upgrade to the latest Firmware via Whistler's EZ-Scan software
- Ability to be Upgraded for DMR (and add P25 Phase II to Pro-18) decode with a Paid Upgrade with User paid shipment to Whistler, returned by them. Once, returned, continued forward support is possible via Whistler Repair and EZ-Scan Software, with all the newer additions and features of a WS1080.
- Variant with Keypad
- Trunking w Analog Voice Only
- ALL THE SAME after UPGRADE except silk screening
- Never released publicly, subsequently became WS1095
Please put all information on operating issues (except overloading issues, which has its own article) and how to resolve them here. If the tip is specific to a scanner or scanners, please be sure to mention this.
- Default scanlist - The default scanlist is 01. If you're creating objects manually but can't find them, check scanlist 01.
- Search Steps - Search steps or increments are not definable by the user. Try changing the BandPlan setting to Canada for 5 kHz steps. GRE says this feature is often requested.
- Nothing Enabled error:
- No scanlists are enabled. Turn on one or more scanlists.
- Scanlists are enabled but empty. Create and/or associate objects with scanlists.
- Scanlist is enabled but all objects in scanlist are locked out. Unlock some objects.
- Note - (Pro-106/197 and PSR-500/600 only) For a TSYS it's possible to lock out a wildcard talkgroup AND the TSYS itself, which will cause Nothing Enabled until both are unlocked.
Pro-106/197 and PSR-500/600 Tips
- TSYS / TGRP objects - A TGRP object must be created before a TSYS. If the NEW / TGRP buttons are pressed too quickly, a blank TGRP is created in the default scanlist. Press the buttons slowly.
- If you find the Signal Stalker/Spectrum Sweeper is consistently off frequency (Pro-106/197 and PSR-500/600 only);
- Prog Func F3 Down To Zeromatic Values
- Enter The following 8 Numbers In Order
170 480 150 530 170 480 150 530
Return to the GRE/RS Object Oriented Scanners FAQ
Return to the GRE/RS PC Object Oriented FAQ